Brooke Shields' most humiliating moment EVER?!

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

Kirk, when I mentioned that you can't apply the word "closeminded" here (and gave examples of picketing that evidently, weren't effective), I meant that this -- p******g one's n*se and e***ing it -- is not something that a person CAN be closeminded about. It's not an issue as, say, gay rights (someone could say, "you're homophobic" if you don't like the gays); it's not something like racism, where it would affect a HUGE group of people who were disenfranchised by past laws. What I mean is simply, p******g one's n*se and e****g it, it's just disgusting. It's not an "issue." Therefore, even by liberal or conservative standards, I can't be "closeminded" about it. It's not like people should be more 'open' to the practice of p******g one's n*se and e****g it; it's not like I'm a bigot for hating it; it's just disgusting.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kirk, when I mentioned that you can't apply the word "closeminded" here (and gave examples of picketing that evidently, weren't effective), I meant that this -- p******g one's n*se and e***ing it -- is not something that a person CAN be closeminded about. It's not an issue as, say, gay rights (someone could say, "you're homophobic" if you don't like the gays); it's not something like racism, where it would affect a HUGE group of people who were disenfranchised by past laws. What I mean is simply, p******g one's n*se and e****g it, it's just disgusting. It's not an "issue." Therefore, even by liberal or conservative standards, I can't be "closeminded" about it. It's not like people should be more 'open' to the practice of p******g one's n*se and e****g it; it's not like I'm a bigot for hating it; it's just disgusting.

• Members

You are closedminded because she CLEARLY isnt eating or even picking her nose. You won't even read what others in this thread have said, not just me. And you as a supposed journalist should know your damn facts. She is simply itching her nose, not picking in or at it and she is simply turning the page of a a mag or book. It really IS that simple.

Now you are more than welcome to think her saliva from turning a page is nasty and her allegedly eating her boogers are nasty, thats not what I am arguing JSF. I am just saying that you are simply closeminded in believing things so easily and won't look at the facts.

• Members

Oh, well if THAT'S what the "c" word was meant for then, guilty as charged! I admit it, there's NOTHING in this world I hate more than the "p" phrase and the "b" word that comes from that action. So I just looked at the thumbnails. And you're right, I didn't get my facts. But luckily, this isn't my beat. :P

• Members

I can't believe this.

You spent your time on finding a picture of a grown woman scratching her nose?! So what if she was eating her own boogers. It's her nose! No one asked anyone to look in the first damn place. How many times didn't any of us, as kids, put something in our mouths that we shouldn't have? I wonder how you would feel if someone took a picture of you pulling down your pants and scratching your bare ass in public. Would they have the right to comment on it? And please, don't give me any of the "She's a public figure and should have better manners" stuff. She's not running for or holding a position in public office, therefore she has the right to pick her nose, scratch her ass, hock a loogie, take a piss on the street, or any other damn thing she wants to do.

And now if you all will excuse.....I think I have something in my nose. :lol:

• Members

Roman, notice that said "how many of us, as kids, ..." Shields isn't a child. And I don't know about you, but I would never, ever do what she did as an adult. You made a good point about doing weird things in private...but this, you'll note, wasn't private. She wasn't in her apartment, house or anywhere she should expect privacy, according to general media law. The inside of a car on public rights-of-way, which anyone can see, is no place to reasonably expect privacy. Shields, no matter which way one dissects it, clearly was in the wrong.

Archived