• I think it would have been a decent story with Brenda/Vanessa.  I am still not sure how much I would have enjoyed Jason/Brenda though.  I liked Brenda's hatred towards him and then their bickering friendship. It really would have changed what GH is now to give S/B a baby and have Brenda/Jason hook up.  I think at the very least the show's current attachment to Carson would be lessened.        Lol!  I am like the biggest Brenda/Vanessa fan and it's clear Sam was a Brenda substitute.  The best GH could do on short notice.  GH spent years trying to employ any petite brunette that vaguely resembled Vanessa Marcil to recapture the magic lol.  I don't think Brenda as a character is so unique.  It was more the way Vanessa played her back then and the chemistry she had with her co-stars that made her special.  Brenda on paper isn't super ground breaking.   And now I don't think Sam/Brenda are very similar at all.        I don't think Guza had an investment in Jax period.  Even with Brenda at the time.  He was a means to an end to pave the way for S/B and Brazen.  The Jax/Brenda coupling in 2003 was half-assed and Brenda already had doubts.  She was clearly meant to marry Jax and cheat with Sonny leading to a Brax divorce and Sonny/Brenda/Jason/Carly shenanigans.    
    • I really wish they had been able to sustain those shows.  When they brought Angie and Jesse back it really felt like the show had a new lease on life for me, and I did not start watching AMC until both were gone/my ABC affiliate never carried Loving/The City.  They just fit and belonged as a focus immediately.
    • AMC 2.0 got a lot of stick from some folks for "no Erica, no Kendall" and a smaller role for Bianca, at least initially per Eden Riegel's availability, but it had Angie and the Hubbards at its center alongside the Chandlers and Miranda/recurring Bianca. I thought that worked perfectly. You can't tell me Debbi Morgan is an unacceptable central hub for any show. She anchored Loving and she was only there two years!
    • OMG at that photo of her father trying to swim out to find her himself. 

Santa Barbara

Sign in to follow this  

5 topics in this forum

1. 1988: Santa Barbara

• 0 replies
  2. 1987: Santa Barbara

• 0 replies
  3. 1986: Santa Barbara

• 0 replies
  4. 1985: Santa Barbara

• 0 replies
  5. 1984: Santa Barbara