GH: September 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JP and her own idea don't go together. JP has no vision when HW soap operas.

Both not being on is a breath of fresh air. They need to fire both of them ASAP!

Rebecca serves zero purpose on the show. The only time I liked her was on GL and the beginning of her AMC time.

Before RC came on thats what the show was all about and the ratings were in the toilet. The ratings were tanking as fast as when Ron was fired. I just don't get these writers. Why go back to something that people were tired of and had tuned out before?

• Members

I am going to assume these soap hopping writers just come from a mindset of being custodians, probably grew up watching soaps and all they know is what they watched. For 15 years GH was mob, so in their minds that is what GH is. They don't know anything else. I give Ron Carlivati credit for knowing the mob needed to be sidelined in 2012-2013.   He made a mistake in 2014-2014 when he reversed direction.    These hapless writers whose sole claim to fame seems to be a knack for getting shows cancelled and/or being fired don't have it in them to have their own unique ideas or vision.    Whoever is writing this show surrendered and just dug up every tired and dull concept from late stage Guza.   

The show needs some villains and schemes.   There is nobody wanting anything except Sonny's stupid territory.  Honestly, watching crazy Heather was more bang for your story buck then watching Anna threaten to bring down Julian for the third year running. 

• Members

Yeah, how very quickly everyone just started existing again for Sonny's Hospital. I'm more or less done watching for the time being. I'll watch when I can but eh. Nothing they're doing interests me. I didn't love everything Ron did but eh ... you get what you ask for.

• Members

Well, that's an understatement. :lol:

So annoyed with hypocritical Sonny and Carly trying to keep Ava from her child.  As Sonny's World Turns is pretty bad.

I wasn't thrilled about TG leaving, but I hoped that his airtime would be shared among many of the younger vets. I knew there wasn't much hope for most of the older vets. Instead they've decided to double down on Sonny. Good luck with that!

• Members

This "story" just shows why Sonny is a horrible character who has bottomed out. To make him look good and viable, other characters NEED to look bad. He's so damn awful and Mo balks at any opportunity to develop this character. He still believes he's selling a tough mob boss with a heart of gold. Dumb bastard! Scummy stans had massive strokes when Michael took AJ from Scumz, but all think Carly should do the same to Ava? That Wolf Pack is an embarrassment! Still don't understand why Sonny needed an anchor baby!

• Members

Seriously. The last thing Sonny need was another child. Add to that Carly blabbing on and on about how Ava isn't Avery's mother just because she gave birth to her. GMAB. Ava has loved the kid since she had her, Sonny doesn't get to just crown the woman of his choice as the mother. It's ridiculous. I hate that this is Carly's story.

Also, agree with everyone who feels refreshed by the lack of Nina and Franco. Those two need to go and they can take Alexis and Julian with them.

• Members

All of u need to realize Jean is giving Smarttv. We should be applauding her ditching the Nina pimping. The ratings are going up people. People missed that mob aspect to the show. The new Paul is sublime great find. Excuse me Soapsuds Jeans vision and her approach is romance vets and I'd u saw the new GH promo with romance this fall. Nobody does romance like Jean Passanante it's her speciality on soaps combined with Shelly Altman modern edgy approach to writing. The show has vastly improved.

Archived