Days: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOVED Nicole. That's the Nicole I want to see. Bitchy, proactive ... even Daniel was tolerable. I love that Nicole wants to have her own business and she donated the blood money to charity. I also like how bothered she was by Eric's reaction. I'm not loving the writing for Eric, I feel they regressed him but Serena was really enjoyable.

Chad and Serena were a lot of fun. More proof Archer was completely wasted. Billy Flynn is doing such good work. I like the murder setup of creepy Clyde and psycho in training Ben watching them, all disgusted.

Will was boring and wishy washy about Chabby. Nothing new here. I like that Will and Abby are close though. They should be and I like that's consistent.

I see that bus backing over Aiden as I type this. Meh. Bye. Wasted. I'm OK with Rafe/Hope but I don't need Rafe getting the Daniel treatment again. Cool it down Higs. I'm sure she's tripping over herself to write Rafe/Hope. I know Bope fans are all pissy over Hope agreeing that she and Rafe as a team are almost as good as her and Bo were but eh, relax. I think Rafe/Hope is where they should have been going and they should have put Aiden with Kayla or Adrienne.

I like Theresa but she comes off as so pathetic going after Brady like she does. She has awful schemes, too. IDK, something just isn't working here. Theresa could be a mini Sami Brady and they clearly want her to be, as Brady is now near Austin levels of dumb (but always a tiny bit smarter) but none of it works for me. I think Brady and Theresa could do better than each other. I like that Brady is back in Nicole's orbit. Nice to see them have a friend who's not Eric or Daniel.

• Members

Watched yesterday's episode - first episode in quite some time (maybe in 2015 even?) and it was bad. I'm expecting it to be bad because it is Dena Higley, but she has done some good stories like the babyswitch in 2009 (how much of that was Whitesell, I'll never know).

Glad I have missed most of Melissa Archer' stint because she is an awful actress and looks alien lizard like to me. Guy Wilson and Robert Wilson are still the worst actors ever. Nicole Walker looks like trash and her hair is a crime against humanity.

I hate that they are putting Rafe in Hope's orbit romantically - I liked when they were just friends.

At least there was no Beige and Daniel - small mercies indeed. It was also really nice to see Theresa, Brady, Chad, Hope and Victor again - that's the nice thing about soaps (or maybe Days in particular) - the familiarity of characters in new material

Storywise, can somebody please clue me in on what Aiden and Clyde are all about (their storyline that is, I know who the characters are). Thanks in advance.

• Members

That comment was  so eyeroll worthy. How about they stop trying TELL us everything and actually SHOW us for once on this show. Since when were Hope and Rafe some epic team? What cases did they actually solve as a team in some awesome team work way? The show needs to stop with this telling us one thing but showing another because that is why so many characters and couples fall completely flat now pretty much always.

• Members

Lighting is much improved. A lot better.

Serena and Chad were fun while they lasted.

So Aiden's mission has been 'Hope Brady' ... yeah sort of a cop out but I'll wait and see how this actually plays out.

Nice to see Doug, Julie, etc. rallying around Caroline. I know some question why that group but they're all friends and extended family. Why not? Kayla was there. Just think come Friday Kayla will be relevant again. Finally, even though I like how they've used her.

Wow, Eve with an adult, having an adult conversation. Eve and Justin is interesting.

Lucas and Adrienne were cute but eh ... at least the new writers are giving the couples on the show more depth and more romantic/cute scenes. Amazing what a little characterization can do.

Lots of people were on today ...

Liked Marlena and Will, even if I cringed with Will pursing his lips and blaming Paul. Meanwhile, cute and adorable Paul is bonding with daddy John. Yeah, give me Paul anyday.

Then you had this JJ/Kyle crap and the creepy Ben and Abby sex scenes ... meh

Not terrible but felt like GH with too many people and too many things going on. I liked a lot of the individual scenes. I feel life again.

• Members

DAYS had been a chore for me for quite some time now. Save for a few storyline arcs and Kristen reappearances, it's been mostly a chore for the past 3 years. Within the past couple weeks, I actually find myself watching it first at the end of the day.

Meanwhile, B&B has taken a nosedive post-Aly's death. They need to get it together. They've been so solid for the strong majority of the past 3-4 years by contrast. Now, it seems my two favorites have flipped in quality and my overall interest.

• Members

DAYS definitely became a chore. It's not even that great ATM but the improvements are already noticable and I find myself actually looking forward to watching. It's only going to get better.

I just like that I recognize these people again and we're getting solid vet interaction and cast integration. The lighting is improved and there's an energy that was missing. It's hard to explain it all but I do notice a difference.

Rafe's already being a bit too pimped again, but not yet Daniel levels. Reminds me of how they were trying too hard with Rafe back in the Sami/baby storyline.

Love seeing Julie an active part of the show again. Just gives me LIFE. Yesss. And I didn't want someone to smash a bottle of liquor over Maggie's head for a change! Maggie interacting with the people she belongs with and not crying over Daniel. This is how they should be used.

Looking forward to tomorrow ...

Archived