ALL: Stories that had no consequence/movement.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Patrick's addiction to painkillers on GH is a good example. It is never mentioned and has had no consequences. I liked the story a lot, because it showed Maxie caring for Patrick, Robin's husband. I don't think they ever discussed the parallel to Alan Quartermaine and his similar drug problem. I think it would have been interesting to incorporate that history in the story somehow.

Someone above wrote that DAYS had an episode in early April that was filmed in 1997. What did they mean by that? I haven't watched the show in years.

• Members

Speaking of GH, does anyone else remember that pointless doll story in the summer of 1997 that involved Felicia and her girls? It was built up to be some menacing story and turned out to be so anti-climactic. Granted, I think the HWs on the show at that time were temporary, but it was just so ridiculous. At least it didn't go on too long - maybe a few weeks. Also, it wasn't an "A" story, so it didn't eat up too much airtime.

• Members

It was going to tie into her Aztec princess past. It was awful and then just went away like many of the stories during that time. Alexis Davis learning about her father, mother, and what Helena did to her happened in one day during this period too. Guza wasn't back in the credits yet as HW, but the tone was all him leading up to Nikolas getting shot in front of Luke's and Carly giving birth to Michael, when he was back in the credits. The story for Felicia switched from the dolls to the two Macs I believe.

• Members

The AMC story of Tom and Brooke involved in drug smuggling and the reveal that Brooke's supposed mother was in fact 'The Cobra' was criticized at the time as plot driven and having no effect on the characters.

Later Brooke searched for and found her real mother but again that had no long term impact.

Archived