Former OLTL actor busted for DWI

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's be fair, KA didn't "find" work so much as had it thrown at her because Cartini are in the throes of some kind of early onset dementia. It's not like she ended up on The Good Wife or The Walking Dead.

As for Buddy, all we can do is hope he turns it around. Addiction is tough enough without having TMZ airing your dirty laundry.

• Members

This is heartbreaking. I, too, figured it would be him before I even hovered over the link. I meant to make a semi-joking "Has anyone checked in on Brandon Buddy lately?" status update a few weeks ago but forgot. I thought he was a decent enough actor for the role and show, but yeah, it was clear he was headed for bad things near the end. I do hope he can get some help.

• Members

I hope he can get some help as well.

Unfortunately, it is easy to get into. I have several friends who all they want to do is get fucked up every night. Not alcoholics and I enjoy a few drinks here and there, but one of my friends has to get drunk EVERY. NIGHT. It's annoying and there's a certain point you need to grow up and if you HAVE to drink, then I think you have a problem.

I've seen a lot of alcoholics in my family. As a kid I sat at the bar with my Dad. My uncle was an alcoholic. Both of them, thankfully, got help, in different ways (through church, actually) and are much better men now. So much more enjoyable to be around.

So I have plenty of examples what NOT to do. I feel for him, I do, but, unfortunately, you have to hit rock bottom before you truly realize changes need to be made.

And it's like with one of my good friends. You wonder why your life is the same mess it's been yet you continue to hang out with the same losers and get yourself into the same situations ....

Archived