Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Members

Because they dropped the cult story, seems like they don't know what to do with Ian now. That is sad. Why Summer feels the need to confront this man is escaping me. He didn't do anything. Sit down!

Sharon is just such a disgusting person. I'm sure Victor hiring a Cassie look a like will be bigger than Sharon switching the paternity results and continuing to lie about it to the point she gets her brain fried to remove her "conscience". Can't wait for that. PUKE!

Not sure on how clear I've been about how much I hate Neil. Does everyone understand?

Hevon wub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Why is it that no matter who pens YR, the Winters men are always at it over the same woman? Is there a bible of which the audience is not aware?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CH, Ian was trying to recruit Summer into his cult and he started salivating about it when he learned she was Nikki's granddaughter. Remember what Nikki went thru in the same cult? He made nasty old man comments and facial expressions about liking young vulnerable girls. IOW, he is a sexual predator. And he has been, for what, 35 something years?

Thank the soap gods, they do seem to be ending this horrid SL.

The purpose can still be that he came onto the scene to make it known that Dylan is Paul's son, not his, if that is the direction they are going in.

And, oh, I LOVE SHICK. It is SHAMEFUL what has been done to Sharon. Nick is right, all of this stuff in the past couple of years is VICTOR'S fault. And he hasn't stopped. With anyone. How many more people is he going to attempt to destroy mentally?

• Members

I get that, but Summer's continued need to confront this made looks like they are trying to take nothing and make something out of it. She handled this in scenes of the Newman living room with Nikki and Nick. Ian should have recruited a another cult including Summer and Fen. Summer visiting him in prison? Lame cop out.

• Members

For the first time, I also catch myself every now and then resenting Neil's presence. Why can't he just go somewhere? But it quickly passes. tongue.png

It appears as thought the writers broke up Neil and Leslie just to shoe horn Neil into Hevon's orbit. It's like they took Jack's name off of the script and put Neil's instead. Hilary is doing the exact same thing with Neil that she did with Jack. Are we supposed to see this as a pattern or did they just continue to tell the same story with Neil. I wish he or Malcolm was Hilary's birth father with Alex Perez or some chick that they met and fought over in high school. That way I know I wouldn't have to sit through Neil ever being paired with her. angry.png

I think that the writers think that they are playing on history when they have the Winters men fighting over the same woman. I could accept that if it was Devon and Nate Jr. They could repeat the mistakes of their adopted fathers. But Neil and Devon fighting makes no sense. He is NOT Malcolm! And should not be required to play romantic rival/foil to Neil.

I am wondering when someone else will see Cassie? And who will it be? I hope it is not Kevin. But that is so something they would do with him. He will see Cassie and decide to investigate.

• Members

Does anyone think that Victoria will follow in Nikki's footsteps and become a raging alcoholic? She herself admit to Stitch that her marriage to Billy (the first time) came from a rum infused romp in Jamaica. Now she's flung herself headlong into a back seat fling with Stitch after several shots of tequila. Alcohol seems to be the driving force behind many of her romantic entanglements these days.

Archived