DAYS: Huge Star Quits

• Members

While I think this a big blow to DAYS, I think they can survive. If AS contract is until Dec 2014, then she'll air well into 2015. Plenty of time for the writers to figure out how to refocus the show. Look at B&B. That whole show revolved around Brooke/Ridge/Taylor and Stephanie for years and in a short time, they lost everyone but Brooke and managed to refocus show on younger cast of Steffy/Liam/Hope and their ratings have increased. Maybe DAYS can take a page from that.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jacqueline Macinness Wood as an aged Allie, Daniel Covin as Johnny, and Lexi Ainsworth as Sydney would be a good handing of the torch from Sami.

This biggest problem with the younger generation is that 90% of them are related to each other, so that hampers any possible couplings.

• Members

I don't think it was a mistake at all to build the show around her. It was smart. What hurts days now in the high young cast turnover. They have nobody to take that leading lady spot. I love Nicole and Ari but she's not able to Carr it, Nicole that is. Belle and Stephanie should have been recasted years ago.

• Members

Wow. I knew Alison always had outside projects, but I didn't see this coming in a million years. Can't say as I blame her, though. Sounds like she wants a break. I know the Ejami fans will go nuts, but this Lumi-loving fan is disappointed. Have to wonder what happens to Bryan now.

I agree with DRW50. More Hortons. Maybe Eve. Definitely Bo and Jack (hell, you knew that already... lol).

If Days can handle this transition well, it will be fine. This is Ken Corday we are talking about, though.

• Members

I think I'm looking more at the big picture. Alison's exit leaves such a gaping hole in the show. It can be closed if done correctly, which I do not think is possible with this group in charge (and again, I'm sorry for being pessimistic... I'm not as high on the show as a lot of other people are at the moment).

I'd almost bring back Belle, provided Shawn came back down the line. The last thing we need is another busted-up couple. The question is would you have to recast? I don't know if Martha Madison would return, especially with a family... you could try for Stephanie, but again you'd have to recast because Shelley appears to be doing OK with outside projects.

• Members

Realistically, if they refocused a bit more on Theresa away from the black hole that is Dannifer, and brought in Andrew, Sonny's brothers, and maybe Mike, a new Jeremy and Laura, maybe Stephanie (hopefully recast, I find Shelly Hennig kind of annoying), it could refocus the show in a new direction, and give some opportunities to romantic pairings. I don't think that Shawn & Belle could work coming back unless they actually made them into stronger, more interesting characters.

I agree though, B&B did this and are stronger. Maybe it's time to get away from the Sami show. We have Marlena back, and I think there's enough familiarity there that the show can do some fairly interesting things if it thinks outside the box.

Archived