Soap vet joining Days??

118 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Could Kassie DePaiva (ex-Blair, OLTL/GH; ex-Chelsea, GL) be joining the cast of Days, she's recently followed both of the Days Twitter accounts, Charles Shaughnessy and Shawn Christian.

On her blog she mentioned good news to come in 2014, but will reveal it

http://www.kassiedepaiva.com/index.html

Posted · Report post

I wish her all the best. I wish she were joining a soap I watch, but good for her on booking any gig.

Posted · Report post

I don't think it means anything, but I'd love to see her on a soap again, especially one not named GH.

Posted · Report post

Love Kassie I might start watching!

Posted (edited) · Report post

A "Kristen" recast?

Ugh, no. Kristen doesnt need to become a country hick

Edited by Cheap21

Posted · Report post

They're not going to bring her as Kristen. This is going to turn into all sorts of stuff about oh the outrage when they've never said they're recasting Kristen.

Posted · Report post

I hope she isn't Kristen. Only ED can do that.

Posted · Report post

I've always found her to be an annoying and crap actress.

I know she has her fans though...

Posted · Report post

I wish her all the best. I wish she were joining a soap I watch, but good for her on booking any gig.

I wish she were joining one I don't watch

Posted · Report post

as much as I love kassie, I don't see her fitting in at all with DAYS!! she's on a different spectrum. she's the type I could see on a P&G soap and I don't even think I could envision her on Y&R or B&B!! GH is her best bet or better yet Dallas! good luck to her though cause I do love her!!!

Posted · Report post

Well she's done GH already and was on a P&G soap (GL) which are no longer in existence. I'm sure Brad Bell could feature her in a huge front burner story for 2 months and then lose complete interest. Wasn't Hillary B Smith a sex therapist for a few weeks?

Honestly, I always find it odd to try and picture any soap star from another show on DAYS nowadays because it's like trying to picture someone moving from a real brick and mortar home to a Playschool playhouse. A gust of wind blows into the studio and the Horton town center and co. will fall right over.

Posted · Report post

Gray Bunny, Hilary B. Smith's role on B&B was originally offered to Kassie, but she took the guest-starring gig on GH in hopes it would lead to a contract. If she could drop the accent, I'd put Kassie as the new Karen Spencer on B&B. My #1 choice for that role is Kelly Menighan Hensley, but Kassie would be a close second.

Posted · Report post

Frank Valentini asked KDP not to take the B&B role because he said they'd need her on GH, apparently more regularly than they did.

Whatever she does - not that I'm seeing any indication she's going to DAYS - hey, it's work.