AMC/OLTL: What PP should have done IMO

• Members

I think PP should have done a reunion movie first. Something along the lines of the Dynasty Reunion movie from 1991 or whenever. I think they should have so they would be in production meaning the rights wouldn't revert back to ABC then they could take time to plan things through with a few behind the scenes clips to keep everyone interested. The Reunion could have been on Hulu and iTunes like the actual series.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When the first PP deal fell apart and actors who signed on , Cameron Mathison among them and that started the whole ordeal. Then PP was on such a tight deadline and that added salt to the open wound. No planning time. No time to build sets and it has been changes and rush ever since. This whole project needs to settle down quickly.

The 1 hour format might or might not be the right answer for both shows used to audiences watch in 5 days a week 1 hour a day. Time will tell. PP sure needs all the luck in the world.

• Members

That Dynasty reunion movie was horrid. Even Aaron Spelling hated it.

PP does have luck because Hulu is behind them and they are doing what works for them.

So we dont get 168 or even 110 episodes so what if its only 60 or 80, its more than ABC has given since early 2012 nd Im not counting the character asination that GH has done to OLTL's legacy

For me as long as the episodes are good im in.

• Members

My only gripe overall, and I understand they 'rushed' things, is that they come off as so completely unprepared and play the whole 'it's a new thing' deal. It is. I get it but they seem to have no plan and that's just annoying to me. Every week it's a new PP thread.

I mean, I have whiplash I can't keep up with them.

I am more than thrilled to have OLTL and AMC back but this has been one of the rockiest roads and I think if PP went into these soaps with clear goals (maybe the did and ended up going [!@#$%^&*]! so I can forgive that) then it wouldn't have been SO rocky. Or maybe it just seems like it because it's like doomsday here anytime a PP thread drops.

• Members

No time to build sets? What do you call the Chandler mansion? Or Angie and Jesse's incredible house? Or Pine Valley Hospital? Or Shelter? They sure look like sets to me and amazing ones at that. And they had them built in time for filming.

• Members

In the business world consumers want more not less. PP "business model" regarding both AMC and OLTL apparently very sadly is unable to fulfill the consumers needs and wants of more and not less. A three-fourth's reduction of episodes with just one-fourth episodes left to fulfill to the consumers is not the best of ways to start-up a project.

PP should have started out small and then work up to more episodes. They tried too hard from the jumpstart. As in life itself, a person never knows something until they jump in and see for themselves and find out for themselves and PP is truly getting a very rude awakening and lots of eye openers in terms of production costs, what consumers want, among many other things they did not see coming until after the fact when they began going down this road of attempting to bring back AMC and OLTL. I guess they did not know just exactly what they were getting into when it all came about.

Whether or not PP project of revival of AMC and OLTL succeeds or at the end of the day fails, I give respect and due credit to PP for their efforts and as a consumer, I hope that we can get more than just 1 hour per week, for increase in storylines and to bring on some more cast to strengthen and make for a better show, long term success.

• Members

I do think launching with movies and taking the time to film episodes, then launching a few months later would've been smart. They could've done two hour movies in April, then return in July with all new episodes. That would give them enough time to promote which was a big thing missing when they launched these shows.

• Members

Planning and Preparation is key in the business world. The first time the PP deal fell apart had to have taken the air out of it just a little bit. Whiplash might be an understatement with the changes that are coming at a breakneck pace.

Planning and Preparation is key in the business world. The first time the PP deal fell apart had to have taken the air out of it just a little bit. Whiplash might be an understatement with the changes that are coming at a breakneck pace.

Archived