AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Jordan Lane Price's teenaged awkwardness may be starting to work for me in the role - she just seems so sheltered, so off and now that they're ramping up the crazy a bit, I think it may work for the character.

I haven't seen last week's second episode yet as I am still in OLTL withdrawal, but I'll have to do that tonight with my GH marathon.

• Members

Celia's really growing on me lately. I stretched out AMC until today too because of OLTL withdrawal. Tomorrow will be kind of sad with new AMC & no OLTL.

I haven't really missed Tad but the Cara stuff on Soapnet makes me remember why I did like him. I heard Soapnet finished up and went back to some lame recent year. Expected of course but I held out the tiniest of hope for even early-mid 00s at the very least. Oh well.

• Members

I deeply disliked Tad for years. Except with Cara.

I do quasi-miss him now. I don't want him back regularly, but I do want him to make some appearances; the Dixie thread is too key. I think it's clear/I am totally fanwanking he's avoiding her and their marriage, IMO; I always attributed that to her loyalty to J.R.

But Tad back as the oldest amateur Catskills hambone, judging and getting one over on everyone in town? No thanks. Same goes for Kendall's overexposure in years past, or Greenlee's. All good characters, all in need of a long break.

• Members

I like Erica and love Lucci but I'm not missing her either. I'm not seeing a big gaping hole. Erica being gone has given other characters a chance to come into their own and the show to fix some near fatal flaws. We've been spared yet another round of Erica preening like an ingenue over the latest guy in town. We've been spared another round of Jack and Erica. We've been spared the creation of another dopey fashion/cosmetic business like Fusion or Erica being the hot new host of a show on Chandler Media.

The only hole is see is where Miranda is concerned and if Bianca can come back that would be enough for me. Kendall too provided they don't throw the show down the Zendall sewer again. The only other thing I miss is Erica and Brooke's snark fests.

• Members

FYI I posted that last comment about my mistake not because I take back everything I said but because when I did it the board when crazy but it seems as if more people are agreeing with me so I can try to restate my opinion.

Anyway, I think the AMC-less Erica has been good for the show. Agnes tried to root the show back to its "Small Town" feel back in 1999 with characters like Becca or whoever but that didn't work. Erica not being here makes Pine Valley seem like a "Medium-Small" town, meaning more populous than 70's AMC but less so than 80s plus AMC. So basically, it is a an upscale Suburb and like many upscale areas there tends to be a small town feel.

Point I am trying to make is, is that Erica would seem out of place because she is all over the world and making movies, at least that has been implied, so her coming back here would be kinda odd. Plus at the end of the last series she said "Pine Valley is still not the corner of Hollywood and Vine" and since she has been gone for 5 years this proves she may have finally been able to move on. Also, she really doesn't have much family in PV except for Mirranda. But that is how a lot of real life situations are. In a lot cases the grandparent lives far away from the grand kids. Unless they found a way to bring Mark/Ellen/Kendall/Beinaca back full time and haver Erica be the matriarch I don't think she would fit in. That said, they could always have her be in NYC like during the 80s.

• Members

I don't hate her, I just got burnt out on her and I realized in the almost 2 years that the show was off the air, that I got tired of her grief sex and basically being up Rylee's arse 24/7.

I don't hate Zendall either, but the love has wained alot lol. I don't feel Kendall appreciate's Zach the way she should

• Members

YAY! Heather Roop responded to me smile.png I wonder what "one of great heart" means.

Brett Vickerman @vicksvapor77

@HeatherRoop Heather! I read in SOD about some scenes about you finding a dead rat at Jane's that were clearly cut. Why did they cut them?

@HeatherRoop Will we ever find out more about Jane? I hope they're just delaying her story cause you deserve to have your own storyline wink.png

Heather Roop @HeatherRoop

@vicksvapor77 Thank you Brett. We will, some things changed but her story is one of great heart and will be seen in season 2. smile.png

Archived