Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Who is the greatest soap star of all time?

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Helen Hayes is considered the "The First Lady of the American Theater" so I am wondering who could classify as the "First Lady of the Daytime Serial" The question is not limited to women but also to men.

I am not sure about the best actress. Maybe Erika Slezak? Mary Stuart?

Also, if you don't mind I would like a YT link to an example of there performance.

Here is mine.

David Canary

Start at 5:03. An Adam scene is right after.

When I said Biggest star I meant "The First Lady/Man of the American Serial Drama" NOT the biggest star. I was thinking along the lines of Mary Stuart.

Edited by allmc2008

For my money, it'd have to be Beverlee McKinsey. But she's probably not everyone's cup of tea.

Neither Eileen Fulton nor Susan Lucci were the greatest actresses in the world. However, any discussion about "The First Lady of American Daytime Drama" would feel incomplete without these two.

And do I really need to include a YT link on Erica Kane?

Edited by Khan

Posted · Report post

For my money, it'd have to be Beverlee McKinsey. But she's probably not everyone's cup of tea.

Neither Eileen Fulton nor Susan Lucci were the greatest actresses in the world. However, any discussion about "The First Lady of American Daytime Drama" would feel incomplete without these two.

And do I really need to include a YT link on Erica Kane?

Yes. I don't know who she is!! JK!

I thought Eileen was pretty good from a clip I saw of her. Did she have a moment that defined her such as Her talk with Mona from that soap net rerun. The one were she says, "When I set my eyes on a man I am going to make sure he has success written all over him!"

Posted · Report post

I don't think you can really pick just one Daytime actor or actress and call the the greatest. Each soap has had its staples over the years, and quite frankly, they wouldn't have been staples if they weren't great. Each of them has their strengths and weaknesses, but something about them has made them great.

Posted · Report post

Susan Lucci is the most well-know soap actress. She gets my vote.

Mary Stuart was the first queen of daytime, that is unarguable.

I'd consider Jada Rowland and/or Rosemary Prinz the first princessess.

Edited by Bright Eyes

Posted · Report post

I think of the big icons: Susan Lucci, Erika Slezak, Kim Zimmer, Denise Alexader, Susan Seaforth Hays, Mary Stuart, Beverlee McKinsey, Ruth Warrick, Jeanne Cooper, Melody Thomas Scott, Genie Francis, Dee Hall, Robin Strasser, Jackie Courtney, Rosemary Prinz.

The Greatest Soap Star ?

Susan Lucci.

Edited by Pine Charles

Susan Lucci and Erika Slezak

Still waiting for Erika to play some type of role on L&O SVU LOL

Edited by Suzanne Sugarbaker

Posted · Report post

Beverlee McKinsey I think clearly gets the title first lady of the soaps. It isn't biggest star because if Helen Hayes was the first lady of the theater, then Ethel Merman was the biggest star. Meryl Streep is the first lady of american cinema but she is not the biggest star.

Posted · Report post

I take back what I said before: for the title "First Lady of American Daytime Drama," this one gets my vote:

htSrJ.png

Posted · Report post

Susan Lucci, there is no question in my mind, she is the genre's greatest ambassador and biggest star.

Posted · Report post

Susan Lucci! Hands down!

Erica Kane is a household name whether or not you watch soaps.

Posted · Report post

SL better be the greatest, or else this script idea I got this morning is baseless.

Posted · Report post

Hands down Charity Rahmer! *End of Thread*

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0