GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm going to agree with both of you here. Once FRon's ridiculous attempt at resurrecting that POS, OLTL, failed miserably, they began "writing" for GH. That is when they revisited the past. Problem is, they stink at storytelling, so nostalgia is salvaging this chit. Everything thus far has been a convoluted plot pointed mess. Edward, whom I hated, was given a very poor send off, and someone needs to explain to me why Johnny needed to meet Duke in an alley when the man works for him. WTF was that about? It was unnecessary and stupid and only adds to the "who offed Johnny" list.

Right now, the oldies (but goodies) are keeping this show afloat but writing has nothing to do with it. A real team would have GH's numbers much better than they are now. Bragging about the 18-34 demo constantly reminds me of when Reilly was bragging about capturing the 12-17 audience. WTF?! Who cares about that demo, especially when each eppy reminded you that the show was for mature audiences?

Lately, I don't completely loathe those 2 clowns, but I'd kill for a regime that knew what they were doing. FRon clearly don't. I don't like them.

• Members

1. OLTL at its worst >>>> showkiller Guza/Frons/bootleg Janet Wood's GH wink.png

2. "Who offed Johnny"? Is he/has he gotten killed off? (I haven't seen him since Starr told him off and I've yet to watch this week's clips.)

3. For a regime that "doesn't know what they're doing", they sure have managed to successfully sh!t all over the horrid regime that preceded them.

• Members

Johnny's demise is just a matter of time.

As for not knowing what they are doing. Prove FRon do? Anyone can bring back old characters. That doesn't take much talent at all. When FRon go for less plot driven crap and move toward character driven stories, I will give them the credit due. Like Guza or not, he knew how to tell a story.

• Members

Robin Christopher always handed Laura Wright her ass, and I'm glad that's still the case.

I remember a few years ago when Lorenzo "died" and Carly came in the hospital room huffing and puffing - Wright was in her full head cheerleader mode, and Christopher wasn't having that sh!t and played those scenes with some actual class, even while Skye slapped the sh!t out of Carly.

Archived