• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

YES!!! You are an angel for posting these!!! :D

I watched 12/27/94, boy It's weird, I have never felt anything for Phyllis during most of her later run, but I can't believe how much I enjoyed her here.....Early Phyllis definitely was a lot more complex and fun, though some of it is a little similar to Sheila.....I actually was a little scared for Christine when Phyllis snuck into Legal Aid, though I can't believe she didn't see her through her window....

Is that Joani a different actress or the same one that's always been there?

I also love how Mari Jo and Matt was both being evil.....despite how everything was in it's own bubble I really commend the amount of villainy Bill Bell had in his show during 94-96......I was thinking Nick and Matt were going to start fighting again.

I can't thank you enough for uploading these! looking forward to watching the rest!! :)

• Members

What a pleasant surprise to see this full week up on  this thread! :wub: THANK YOU so much!

-I had forgotten that Luan had her own separate daughter, so sad the first mention of Keemo in over a decade during the Marco story was a sideswipe joke at the entire story. 

-Actually, I would have enjoyed if Diana Barton's Mari Jo ended up being a mainstay on Y&R as the town vixen/villainess. Unlike Phyllis, Mari Jo was much more level-headed, calm, and collected yet was held an icy demeanor and always looked at the bigger picture for her schemes. 

-Early Phyllis was fun and it's interesting to see them. Of course looking back there's many shades of Sheila going with Phyllis, but I also see shades of Leanna Love too thrown in as well especially once Phyllis gets on her soap box.  

-I believe that is still Marita DeLeon as Joani I can tell by the voice but she still has big '80s hair here which also threw me off for a sec too, 

-I laughed out loud when Lauren asked Mary "Does that include me?" and Mary gave her a nasty glare in response. 

-It's too bad there was a lot of story isolation at the time. I know Sharon and Dru became friends later on but it's too bad they didn't connect during this same period as both were going through the same problem.

-Stephanie Simmons had ZERO personality. 

-Finally, it's so nice to remember the old Newman family and they way they were back then. Despite their own personal problems and tensions, there was a lot of warmth between them back then because at least they genuinely cared for each other, just didn't see eye to eye. It's nice to see the old Victor we loved, sure he was jackass but at least he still had respect and knew his boundaries. Hope seems to be the one woman Victor allowed to go her own way without trying to intervene. 

• Members

Hmmm, I am thisclose to having the complete air date/episode list for B&B in 1989, but there is still one gap: according to my records there was a pre-emption on either February 21, 22, 23, 24 or 27...

all I could think was a news special for reports on Salman Rushie's Fatwa. Any other ideas???

the other preemptions in 1989 should - at least for B&B apparently were those motioned earlier: Jan 2 for Cotton Bowl, Jan 20 for the Presedential Inauguration - the one in February I don't know about; Sep 4 and 8 for Tennis, Thanksgiving Nov 23 and 24 and Xmas Dec 25...

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

I think it was indeed Feb 14 (VDay) 1991.....I hope they do one of those TV Guide anniversary interviews where he gets to choose his favorite scenes like they did for MTS and Bergman....Braeden who celebrated 35 years as Victor last year didn't do one of those surprisingly....

not certain but I believe either February 17, or 20, 1989 was preempted cause of some sort of winter olympic coverage...

• Members

Thanks for the classic Y&R article. It's strange seeing Erica Hope as Nikki. I wonder if she had been fired from the show when that hit the stands ? Melody started playing Nikki in February 1979. Erica only had the role for about 6 months.

Wings was so gross and miscast as Greg.  I think Tom Tammi who played Tom on ATWT around this time might have made a good recast as Greg or Snapper.