Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thinking of Irna's departure in 1970, I wonder how that all went down? Did she give a lot of notice or was her departure one of those mercurial Irna moves?

Did any of the mags mention it at the time?

She had been at ATWT 13 years and I wonder if she was getting a little frustrated with the constraints of writing those particular characters?

She had tried with Another World to oversee a new show,but never seemed to get a handle on it.

Now she and her daughter were working on 'A World Apart' and she probably had free reign to write for a fresh set of characters. Her stint there also proved to be short lived.

Anyway,ATWT went with Joel Kane as her replacement.He had some primetime experience but had never worked in daytime. I imagine CBS and P&G were very protective of their #1 rating show that was a huge moneyspinner. Was Joel Kane expected to reproduce Irna's style? I'm not sure how long he lasted but at some point Winifred Wolfe took over before Irna returned.

Hope other posters have some insights about this time in ATWT history.

• Members

I was going through my local library's online database and saw a book on Meryl Streep, became curious (I love juicy biographies) and clicked on it but when I did, I noticed there were some suggested titles at the bottom of the page and among the suggested titles was Farley Granger's 2007 autobiography, with Robert Calhoun written in big letters and I wondered, has anyone here read that biography?

Here's the cover:

http://www.syndetics.com/index.aspx?type=xw12&isbn=0312357737/LC.GIF&client=strtp&upc=&oclc=

• Members

Oh, I saw on my library's website, so I don't know about the cost.  I don't even know whether I can make a trip to my library to check it out.  If I can check it out in the form of an ebook, that would be ideal for me right now since I'm practically attached to my laptop right now.