Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just looked it up, and the Australian medicare is funded by a 1.5% income tax. 1.5 effing percent? And we can't manage this? And their statistics show better results than us. But no, conservatives only harp on Canada, how their system is on the brink of collapse (It was supposedly on the brink 4 years ago) they harp about shortages of doctors...if there is a shortage of Doctors in Canada, it's for one reason... NOBODY WANTS TO LIVE ON THE TUNDRA.

• Members

How nice. Probably my favorite movie critic, Pauline Kael, is on the front page of Politico. Apparently the GOP is the new Pauline Kael.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83704.html?hp=t1

Thousands of people in Texas and Louisana want to secede. Will anyone let them? Please?

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/11/secession-petitions-flood-white-house-website-149291.html

Take this guy first.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/12/3908795/commentary-politician-wants-texas.html

• Members

That quote about her knowing only one Nixon voter in 1972 is kind of hilarious, however.

But I think Jonathan Martin who wrote that article has also been living in a GOP cocoon or bubble too. He was out there claiming either a small Obama victory or a huge Romney landslide would happen on election day. He was one of the chief media proponents of the Mittmentum fiasco.

• Members

It is hilarious, and has been around a long time (the last time I think that was slung around was 2004), but she wasn't a politician, so it doesn't quite fit. But I'd rather see her on Politico than turkey neck Mitch doing those terrified owl stares.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

No. If they want to leave the country then they can pack their [!@#$%^&*] and find someplace else to move to. They don't get to enjoy all the infrastructure that this country built and they don't get to take innocent thinking citizens with them. If they don't like the country any more find another one.

• Members

My fantasy plan is to let them secede, then invade Texas and Louisiana and ship all of the traitors demanding to secede to another country, some desert island where they can interbreed to their heart's desire. We can then fix their horrific education and health systems and make them into productive states instead of states that suck in federal dollars and give little in return.

Edited by Ann_SS