Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I believe it too.  I think it's great that there are people out there who aren't letting the fact that they are Republicans force them into falling in line for Trump. Some of them are taking a lot of heat. It's not surprising though, politics have become polarized to a disturbing level. We're living in a W time of "if you're not with us you're against us." The problem exists in both parties, but Trump is forcing some surprising people to take a stand on the Republican side.

• Members

McCain could be doing real good out there, and we know he objects to Trump on moral grounds as well as political ones. Sadly, the good man and war hero in him have too often been overshadowed by the petty grudgekeeper and score-settler - particularly when it comes to Barack Obama, who he never got over having to face in an election and losing to.

• Members

Interestingly enough, McCain seemed to let go of his animosity toward Bush despite that trick Bush pulled in South Carolina about McCain having an illegitimate child, which helped Bush win that primary. I suspect that difference is that being defeated by Bush is the primary was nowhere near as bad as being defeated by a black man in the general.

• Members

Watching Anderson Cooper 360...This Trump supporter said Trump is not racist and disavowed Duke many times and has no connection to white supremacists. Sparks are flying. Reminds me of The View hosts fighting with each other?

I'm only watching to see Hillary... I hope she doesn't try to explain too much. Keep it short and sweet. 

• Members

Glenn Beck, of all people, is on Lawrence O'Donnell tonight decrying Trump, and airing a call from a listener who not-so-subtly hints that he'll kill Trump if Trump goes back on building a wall.

For someone whose brief national ascent nearly turned him into the latter-day Father Coughlin (who Beck name-checks here while discussing Trump, amusingly enough), it's a little amazing to see someone as nutty as Beck calling Trump a bridge too far.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Mr. Blow speaks truth to power that the overwhelming majority of Black people do not believe that Trump is speaking to them and that it's a ploy to get votes of moderate White Republicans who are uncomfortable voting for a racist troll.

In other news, some Sanders staffers have quit the new political group after Sanders appointed Jeff Weaver.

Staffers quit new Sanders group after campaign head joined 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I wish one of these so called " journalists" would have the guts to ask him while all these appeals to black voters are being made at rally's held in only white communities and with 99 percent white peoples in attendance. I'm sickened the media is giving this ploy one bit of legitimate attention. And ABC should also be ashamed of themselves acting like this guy has really changed or evolved in any way.

• Members

It might work on white suburbanites but it also is an excellent turnout motivator for black people. Trump is a one man "souls to the polls" turnout machine.

So true. I can't help but notice that the media isn't even talking to black voters about whether or not we want to see Trump or care what he thinks. We don't. Nobody is fooled by this.

Edited by marceline