The Politics Thread

• Members

"What do you have to lose?"

My safety, well-being, and possibly even my life when some Dylan Roof wannabe all hopped up on their white fragility and illusions of "winning" decides to open fire on black people.

http://thegrio.com/2016/08/16/trump-supporter-urges-patriots-to-shoot-black-women-and-children/

Edited by marceline

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Between Trump's non-apology apology, his insulting claim to white voters that black voters need to vote for him in order to be wealthy and happy, and his trip to Louisiana, the media must be pulling their puds 24/7. Many of them desperately want a Trump win and they think they can make it happen with this type of spin. And it means they can dust off their old "Can Republicans win minority votes this year...maybe they can!" articles that they update every 4 years.

• Members

I think what they really want is a horse race narrative for ratings vs. a win, which is why they're giving him the room. (A few like Halperin definitely want the latter, though; he's become Trump's Baghdad Bob.) Allowing Trump to 'rehab' a little gives the race a little more juice and gooses the numbers, until his next massive gaffe. Which is coming.

Many of the old guard also despise the Clintons and always have, or at least Hillary. But in the end they'll take her over Trump. The Beltway press will just always try to finger-wag to make sure any Democrat 'knows their place.' But Hillary won't care anymore than Obama did, in fact she'll care even less.

• Members

I don't think CNN does, though they're pretty bad. I do think Jeff Zucker is starstruck by Trump and Lewandowski in a vapid and apolitical way. I know there's been a lot of talk that many at the network are disgusted by the hiring since Lewandowski is still basically on the Trump payroll and that some were near open revolt.

Edited by Vee

• Members

To me they want that just as much as MSNBC. Trump surrogates on the network are just awful people. but as long as they draw ratings Zucker doesn't care IMPO. Then we look at the show hosts. There are only one, maybe two IMO who actually call out both sides and try to be equal. Burnett is one for sure to me. ND didn't start doing it until Trump called the one reporter a sleaze at a PC months ago. Ever since that moment, the tv press has went all over Trump on everything he does...where as before all they did was smile and report on his poll numbers and primary wins. It also seemed like the still on both networks they are practically demanding that trump stop his garbage and 'pivot'. Halprin is just a lost case...I still remember seeing a picture of him and Trump together on Trump's plane smiling like two morons. But Zucker? what do we expect from one of the men who helped make "Airplane!"

• Members

Colin Powell is quoted saying that Clinton’s people are trying to blame the emails on him.

Can we get the quote where he says he didn’t save his emails?

Or the quote where he admits this “scandal” is all politics?

Oh wait. We can’t because that stuff is actually pro-Hillary and no matter what Trump or his supporters say, she is NOT protected by the media.

Her campaign needs to issue a statement. I support Hillary, but keep her away from email questions. 

Looks like the media has its story of the week. People are making it seem like she is blaming this on a "black man." (their quote, not mine). I thought she was just pointing out that it wasn't uncommon for people in their profession to use personal accounts. 

BTW, this is all apparently being revisted, courtesy of the GOP leaking FBI notes. 

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine