Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think he'll drag it on for a while. I do think they should make a deal. She could use his supporters. 

I see that she's going the "America has always been great" route. It's a nice idea, but the problem is a lot of voters don't believe that, and while you shouldn't pander to the worst of these voters (xenophobia, racism, bigotry, anger and violence), ignoring the idea altogether is leaving Trump and the GOP with that avenue all to themselves.

• Members

She really could. Bernie is doing well with the youth, especially, young African Americans and white young women and those are demo I feel Hillary might need to win. My peers won't feel inspired to vote once Hillary gets the official nomination. I hope that Bernie sways them to still vote and vote for Hillary, but I still think that HRC should offer him a position on the cabinet if she wins. What position do you all think would be suitable to Bernie?

• Members

There are always Brand New voters who think Bernie is some amazing new phenomenon and are horrified that Hillary, like 90% of liberal leaders, has a past. I hope/think she can take most of them, as we do in the best of years, but there will definitely be more agitated thinkpiece-outrage kids this year who vow to stand on principle and cede their vote to Trump.

• Members

I think that's where Liz Warren will come in. She hasn't endorsed Bernie or Hillary and I think that once Bernie's done she will be the bridge back to the party.

As for Bernie, the best thing he could do would be to stay in Congress. One of my biggest complaints about my fellow libs is that we focus too much on the White House. If we can flip the Senate, we can get a lot done. The House is a lost cause until after the census.

• Members

I'm getting a strong vibe that Julian Castro is at the top of any Clinton VP pick list.  He's young, he's Latino and he doesn't have any taint or scandal attached to his name because like Obama before him, he doesn't have a past (at least none that we've heard of).

I suspect that if Bernie loses the nomination, it'll be more akin to what occurred to John McCain, he'll return to his state and back to the Senate.  Perhaps an offer might be quietly extended (or not) but Sanders strikes me as closer to an all or nothing type.  I know he's probably made some compromises in Congress over the decades for the sake of legislation but he's pretty much staked his reputation these days on being uncompromising, which is hard to do in a Cabinet position. And I'm having a hard time thinking of any Cabinet position that would make a proper fit for his personality.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I can't wait for Super Tuesday. I made sure I had the day off and everything. I'm excited for the Texas GOP Primary and the Dem primaries in Oklahoma and Massachusetts.

Hillary murdrered Bernie in South Carolina last night. What many fail to understand is blacks are for the most part center-moderates. Name recognition had a lot to do with it but at the end of the day black Southerners are not as liberal and free thinking as Bernie's constituents in New England. Hillary even won among black millennials. I expect him to do slightly better in Georgia (it is much more diverse than SC) and he will be killed in Alabama. 

• Members

:Lol he did with Killa Mike, state senator Nina Turner, etc etc

As for Bernie, give him a major speaking slot at the convention, offer him a major role as policy adviser, and then in the cabinet he can be head of the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.

As for VP my vote is first Joaquin Castro 99% and then Senator Sherrod Brown....

• Members

I think it will be Julian Castro. Maybe Cory Booker, but I think she will have African Americans on lock if she continues to hang onto Obama and an Obama endorsement will send her over the top. She may even have a chance in states like North Carolina and Virginia.

@Nothin But Attitude --- Obama's loss in the 2012 general election in Georgia was by single digits. Blacks are the majority in the top 5 cities in the state and the surrounding counties, and there is a pocket of heavily black (Also poor and suffering from neglect smh) areas in middle and South Georgia that could make the difference. If Democrats paid attention to us the way they do Ohio and Florida, Georgia could be a light blue state or purple state at the LEAST. Georgia (blacks) and Texas (Hispanics) are the only "Deep South" state that could be turned. Hillary better pick Castro and attack Texas HARD. Especially if Trump's racist behind wins the GOP nom.

Edited by Eric83