cct

Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

1,066 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wonder if David E. Kelley ever watched EON, because he was also terrific at writing courtroom drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Sometimes I wonder if David E. Kelley ever watched EON, because he was also terrific at writing courtroom drama.

Kelley's offbeat & quirky style is reminiscent of Slesar's  David E Kelly would've done a wonderful job as HW on Edge.

Edited by victoria foxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Kelley's offbeat & quirky style is reminiscent of Slesar's  David E Kelly would've done a wonderful job as HW on Edge.

 

That's true. DEK is great at both characterization and legal drama. Someone should offer him a daytime soap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Kelley's offbeat & quirky style is reminiscent of Slesar's  David E Kelly would've done a wonderful job as HW on Edge.

 

If they ever do an EDGE revival, maybe DEK could write it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 31, 2017 at 5:25 PM, cassadine1991 said:

What was the Clown Puppet Murders storyline about? 

 

Nancy's nephew Kelly had a clown puppet that was used to cover the hand of a person who murdered club owner Eliot Dorn. The story began when vixen Raven's mother Nadine died in a car accident. A few weeks later, Eliot was killed and then attorney Cliff Nelson was attacked as well. There were a few suspects, including Raven, who had had an affair with Eliot, and Kelly. In time, the killer was revealed to be Molly Sherwood, the meek and friendly housekeeper of April Scott. Before working for April, Molly had worked for Dr. Leo Gault and his daughter Emily. Molly was a mother figure to Emily and very protective of her. April's hubby Draper had amnesia for a time and came to live with the Gaults who found him after a train crash (a long complicated story). Draper regained his memory and reunited with April, leaving Emily distraught and suicidal. To protect Emily, Molly decided to eliminate the competition: April. However, Raven's mother Nadine ingested the poisoned tea and crashed her car. Molly then killed Eliot, whom she believed knew about her crime.

 

It was a long complicated story and details are available on the Edge of Night homepage. It truly showed the brilliance of head writer Henry Slesar who effortlessly wove together three main stories (the murder of April's mother Margo Dorn, Draper's amnesia and connection with the Gaults, and the clown puppet story). As a result, we got a year of dynamic storytelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember that year

 

Reminds me of Nora Fulton story, who started with Nicole/Miles, moved into the Whitney story and introduced us to Preacher

 

Dian Frances Heflin's (Mona AMC) daughter play a actress at Whitney heater?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, robbwolff said:

 

Nancy's nephew Kelly had a clown puppet that was used to cover the hand of a person who murdered club owner Eliot Dorn. The story began when vixen Raven's mother Nadine died in a car accident. A few weeks later, Eliot was killed and then attorney Cliff Nelson was attacked as well. There were a few suspects, including Raven, who had had an affair with Eliot, and Kelly. In time, the killer was revealed to be Molly Sherwood, the meek and friendly housekeeper of April Scott. Before working for April, Molly had worked for Dr. Leo Gault and his daughter Emily. Molly was a mother figure to Emily and very protective of her. April's hubby Draper had amnesia for a time and came to live with the Gaults who found him after a train crash (a long complicated story). Draper regained his memory and reunited with April, leaving Emily distraught and suicidal. To protect Emily, Molly decided to eliminate the competition: April. However, Raven's mother Nadine ingested the poisoned tea and crashed her car. Molly then killed Eliot, whom she believed knew about her crime.

 

It was a long complicated story and details are available on the Edge of Night homepage. It truly showed the brilliance of head writer Henry Slesar who effortlessly wove together three main stories (the murder of April's mother Margo Dorn, Draper's amnesia and connection with the Gaults, and the clown puppet story). As a result, we got a year of dynamic storytelling.

 

What year was this? 1980?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

 

What year was this? 1980?

 

The first arc of the storyline started in the fall of 1979. The story ended in January 1981 with the revelation of Molly being the killer. That week, EON was the talk in my high school, not Luke and Laura for a change!

19 hours ago, rlj said:

I remember that year

 

Reminds me of Nora Fulton story, who started with Nicole/Miles, moved into the Whitney story and introduced us to Preacher

 

Dian Frances Heflin's (Mona AMC) daughter play a actress at Whitney heater?

 

Mady Kaplan played Bobbie Gerard, a waitress at Sid's Tavern. Bobbie was part of the next big stories. She had dated Matt Sharkey, the orderly who had impregnated Emily. Bobbie went to work as a maid for the Whitneys in hopes of proving Gavin Wylie's innocence in the killing of Gunther Wagner, but ended up being murdered by Jefferson Brown/Sky Whitney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ That's great. Sharon Gabet is one of the most charismatic performers I've ever seen on daytime OR primetime. Even when the material wasn't that great, she always made it work. She always had that twinkle in her eye, and it was obvious that she was having the time of her life playing Raven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2017 at 0:00 AM, amybrickwallace said:

Lori Loughlin started off on EDGE in 1980, and she's barely aged a bit. She still looks fantastic today.

 

Even though she was crowned one of the first 'hair models in soaps,' LL was a huge find for EON. Jody was annoying character at times, but she kept the show young. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.