Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

Finally catching up with this week. Emma was hilarious hiding Noah and then using it to blackmail Charity into putting Ross on the birth certificate and giving him shared custody. I gotta give it to her -- she played that well. Ross was also funny sticking it to Cain, and the Moira/Charity scenes were great.

The Chas/Aaron stuff was phenomenal. The beach scenes were beautiful, and such a welcome relief to see him happy and smiling. He was so cute when he became child-like again. The moment when Chas mentioned fish and chips and Aaron's face dropped was electrifying and led into his confession really well while still allowing it to be a surprising moment. Telling his story was just as much a tearjerker for me as it was for Aaron. Especially that moment when he said, "And then he--" and covered his face in shame was so, so well done.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m pretty sure Dailymotion put one of my Emmerdale Farm videos under age restriction just because the title said Episode 69. 

I guess no one told them there’s really nothing inappropriate going on…unless you count how viewers might react to the sight of all those achingly tight jeans on Frazer Hines and the rest.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Seeing all the Dingles in the same room is truly the most horrifying image I've ever seen. It haunts me.

The "repeatedly raped" line was way too extra for me. As is Adam's hatred of Robert. He needs to reign the attitude in. On another note, I think I'm going to really enjoy Nicola working with Adam. I really can't even picture her in a scene with Aaron though. But if it does happen, I would die if she told him that she took Robert's virginity. Or maybe one day she catches Aaron/Robert "reuniting", and mentions how she taught him a certain move or something. The possibilities are endless. It would be nice, though, if Adam/Aaron actually grew to respect Nicola in the end.

It would have been great if, when Nikhil asked Leyla if Jai was the best sex she ever had, she quickly retorted that it was David. I guess the whole "uglier guys have to try harder" thing could be true, but this is a woman who has had some fantastic pieces of ass in Justin (Jacob's Dad), David, Nikhil, Adam, and even Nathan Wylde. 

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

OMG. Kirin is a hot ass mess tonight. I can't blame Carly for reading the situation the way she did. I think Kirin might start to see what Rakesh meant by saying that fatherhood is hard and you lose yourself in it. 

Leyla and Nikhil were hilarious. Nikhil further proves that he is the perfect man. The fact that he sat there and held the bucket for her while Leyla threw up in it made me swoon for some odd reason. I found it romantic. Leyla is better than me b/c sick of not, I would've found the energy to put it on Nikhil's sexy ass....:ph34r:

Also, I am pissed that they didn't allow Nikhil to remove his shirt too! I wanted to see that heavenly body! Right, @DRW50?!

Gordon is disgusting, but I find it weird that Aaron keeps entertaining him. I would never be in a room alone with after what he's done to Aaron. 

I could care less about Paddy and his woes with Tess. At this point, I'd rather it all come out and he be exposed for the liar he is. Him allowing Marlon to develop feelings for Tess is gross on so many levels. 

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

Nikhil should always be wearing less clothing. I just wish they hadn't gone this route with Nikhil/Leyla. She still loves Jai (God knows why...).

Paddy has behaved horribly, although Dominic Brunt is doing well playing the material, perhaps because he knows Paddy has always been a bit of an !@#$%^&*]. [spoilers] We should be moving into a new phase of this mess soon - Rhona will be finding out and I have a feeling Tess is going to die.

Cool 360 look at Wishing Well Cottage, hosted by Jane Cox. 

• Members

Looks like Adam Fielding/Kirin is out: 

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a783178/emmerdale-exit-adam-fielding-has-quit-his-role-as-kirin-kotecha-and-hes-leaving-next-week/

I feel like this is going to the start of many people exiting the show this year. ED is losing all of its the sexiness. :(

• Members

It's a shame he's leaving, but his exit fits his character arc. I was actually surprised it was his choice to leave, since it seems they've been foreshadowing something like this happening, practically since he arrived. I just hope this Pierce character proves fruitful, and more importantly, I hope it gives Rakesh and Priya something to do for more than five minutes, but I doubt the latter.

• Members

I tend to wonder if it was his choice, to be honest - Kirin was never all that popular (although he'd become somewhat more popular recently). He gave some very confused answers about leaving and seemed to feel he'd been misquoted. 

I will miss him, and how good he looked in jeans. I feel like both he and Vanessa were sort of on the fringes and I wonder how long she will last. I guess it depends on whether they take this as a new lease of life for the character.

A few cool bits:

http://bisexualsugden.tumblr.com/post/139126422242/just-what-i-need-tess-getting-hit-by-a-car-in

http://soapfanatic.tumblr.com/post/139130122038

http://robroninterest.tumblr.com/post/139132050030/adam-and-the-stunt-lady-aka-his-dream-girl-he

• Members

The only one I can see leaving because she's gone is Mike Parr. It's hard to say otherwise because the show has a bloated cast and a lot of people feel on the fringes, especially Gaynor Faye (Megan) and the Whites. Her tenure was one of the first that didn't have a lot of departures, so I do wonder if it will be made up for now. I have a feeling Tracy and Finn will be gone by summer.