Mommie Dearest(and a discussion for others)...

bellcurve

• Members

One of my favorite movies ever!

"No...wire...HANGERRRRRRS!!!!!!!! What is a WIRE HANGER doing in this closet when I told you NO......WIRE....HANGERS.....EVER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I work and I work until I'm half dead and they said 'she's getting old!" and what do I get!? A daughter! Who cares as much about the beautiful dresses I buy her as much as she does ABOUT ME!!!! WIRE HANGERS?!?!?!"

"Understand. The first word that I heard out of any of you was that word. Understand. There will be time enough to understand when I'm old. If I ever am old."

"Now tear down that !@#$%^&*] of a bearing wall and put a window where it OUGHT to be!"

"DON'T [!@#$%^&*] WITH ME FELLAS! This ain't my first time at the rodeo."

"I'm not actin! I'm not actin!"

Ah, I love it. Oxygen does have a colorful selection of movies to show on rainy weeknights...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I was nearly right. I'm 57 years old and the ole memory doesn't always serve me perfectly. Sheesh.

But at the imdb there is a quote page from 'Mommie Dearest' and it includes all the wild and outrageous dialogue from it. As a person who has done some theatre in my life, I would kill to say dialogue like that.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Too bad faye dunaway hates this movie. She doesn't even like to discuss this movie and she wasn't even in the special features on the dvd. From a critic standpoint it got dissed badly, and thought of as a joke. I really don't blame faye, from the directors commentary it sounds as if he let her decide the direction of the character instead of giving her any direction.

• Members

I remember that Joan asked that a dummy be used during the kicking scene in Baby Jane because she was afraid that Bette would really hurt her.

Those divas back then really knew the meaning of hate. It's funny when you see these little babies like Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff fighting over bland pretty boys...they have nothing on the women from old Hollywood.

Archived