B&B News: B&B Switch Channels

• Members

B&B is going to Switch chanels over here in the Netherlands. RTL 4 (the biggest tv station) is broadcasting the soap right now. They started airing the soap around 1990, just one year after the tv station started (if i'm right). RTL 4 is the biggest tv station in the Netherlands and the ratings of B&B are great. But the contract is ending this year and another tv station SBS 6 is going to air it in January 2007 because they are going to pay more money for it :o

In my opinion B&B fans in the Netherlands will be hurt. They will lose a lot of viewers, so I think this will be the end of B&B in the netherlands :rolleyes: But I could be wrong, lol. I think it's weird that they are switching after so many years.

In the Netherlands they are airing the following USA Soaps:

- B&B (since 1990 if i'm right)

- Atwt (since 1988 if i'm right) (is on primetime for this summer because a Dutch programm is pre-emmed for the summer, and has great ratings)

- Days of our Lives (was on around 1999 but was cancelled because of bad ratings, is now back on another tv station since 2004, still bad ratings but that's because it's on at the same time as ATWT)

We had YR on SBS 6 on and off for 3 years. YR Failed over here because of bad timing and stopping the soap time after time. It was on for 4 months, and then off for 1 week, on for 2 months, off for a month, on for half a year, off for half a year.

I hope YR comes back on RTL 4, now B&B is ending.

Sorry for my bad English

For who wants to know:

In the netherlands we see episode's of B&B from the summer of 2003 if i'm right, Brooke is pregnant of Nick/Ridge child.

Atwt is from November 2004 (Jack has amnesia and is back in Oakdale, The boxing game just happend.

Days is from September 2004 (Billie is just back, New Salem storyline, Shawn kidnapped by Jan, Mimi is pregnant)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol and thanks :D

In the Netherlands they are airing B&B from 2003 (Brooke is pregnant of Nick/Ridge child. Darla is pregnant and Deacon was shot)

ATWt is from November 2004 (Jack has anmesia, Barbara is living with Hall and Emily, Aaron is in the hospital)

Days is from September 2004 (Mimi is pregnant, Billie is back, Shawn is kidnapped by Jan, New Salem storyline is on right now)

• Members

In Germany B&B switched networks as well. From 1988 to 2000 it was broadcasted on RTL. Then RTL changed its schedule and kicked off all the US soaps, which were at that time B&B, GL, Days and Sunset Beach.

In January 2002, B&B found a new on ZDF, one of our two national broadcasters. They don't show any commercial breaks and we get two episodes every day. Currently we see episodes from February 2004.

The other US soaps have completely vanished from our screens. But we have our own daily soaps and telenovelas, so the situation isn't that bad.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

B&B hasn't been aired in The Netherlands the last week because of ....Darts! :lol: The channel that's airing B&B now (SBS6) is known as "The Death Valley For Soaps" none of the soaps they aired were a succes.They aired GH,Y&R and Days and they al had such bad ratings that they were canceled.They had their own Dutch soap but that wasn't succesfull either.It's not that SBS6 is a bad channel (they air a lot of trash but they also air "House") they're just terrible at making up a good programm scedual.

B&B,ATWT and AMC started on RTL 4 in 1989 (when the channel was launched) but AMC wasn't a big hit here mainly because they aired it right after ATWT wich only aired in the morning at that time.

Archived