Taylor Hicks Named "People's" #1 Hottest Bachelor

R!ck

• Members

Hicks Tops Chart ... of Hot Bachelors

Magazine names 'Idol' winner its No. 1 single

June 14 2006

Taylor HicksThe list of People magazine's date-worthiest single men includes the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal, Matthew McConaughey and Anderson Cooper, but the lead guy on the list is someone you probably hadn't heard of eight months ago.

Ladies and gentlemen, your "Hottest Bachelor" of 2006: "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks.

The magazine doesn't definitively rank the hotness of each guy in its list, but it does single out Hicks as "Bachelor No. 1." He's not the only "Idol"-affiliated male to make the list, either: fellow finalist Ace Young and host Ryan Seacrest are also in the mix.

As for Hicks, the "American Idol" winner (whose first single hit stores Tuesday) attributes his current uncoupled status to a deep focus on his recording career over the past year.

"There's been no time for any kind of love reaction," he tells the magazine. "It's going to be interesting now. I wouldn't mind going on a date or two. Being a struggling musician is not a very comfortable position. Now I feel like I'm a little more comfortable, so my dating can increase."

Hicks says he likes "natural beauty" in a woman, "not even having to wear makeup going out." More important, though, he says, "She's gotta be cool. She's gotta be easy to get along with. And deep. Shallow does not turn me on at all."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um. Disgusting. After this debacle, People has lost mucho credibility in my eyes.

I mean. "Taylor Hicks" and "sexy" just don't belong in the same sentence unless "is far from" is placed in between them.

• Members

Um, they didn't call him "Sexy." They said he was the #1 Bachelor, which has multiple factors aside from looks like age, maturity, a good personality, and single status.

He's not a hideously unattractive person.

Just because he isn't 20 and he doesn't sport a six-pack and isn't whoring out his shirtless body for everyone to see and doesn't fit into the stereotypical shallow model of hot and sexy and that everyone seems to have today doesn't mean he isn't cute.

• Members

Taylor Hicks as the top bachelor is why this country no longer surpises me anymore. I mean give me a [!@#$%^&*] break, Hicks being the TOP/#1 bachelor? :lol: Its mainly because he was on America's number 1 show, its simple as that.

• Members

No offense to Taylor Hicks, but these are the people I would have liked to have seen on the cover of People's Hottest Bachelor issue:

George Clooney

Jake Gyllenhaal

Orlando Bloom

Just to name a few.....

Speaking of Taylor...I went to Borders Bookstore today and they said that a large portion of his single were bought out and another shipment was coming in tomorrow...I asked about Katharine McPhee's single and they said, they won't be getting that for awhile :huh:

• Members

I think Taylor is very handsome. Of course, I am 30 and at this age, I can't afford to be picky anymore. :lol:

But yeah, the only reason People singled him out is because he won American Idol. Maybe one day if Jake or Matthew or Orlando or George get on AI and win, they'll get the cover. :lol: I'd watch the show to see them attempt to sing!

Archived