Constance's Tower of Love: Helena Cassadine Appreciation

psychofan

• Members

In Guza's current run, I really don't have much of a favorite because they've all been so narrow and limiting, both for the character and the actress. Like you, I did enjoy Helena/Tracy and the few Helena/Luke scenes we got, but the stuff with Nikolas and Emily and Nikolas and Courtney was so predictable and cartoonish. It was so frustrating to see an actress like Constance having to work with such one-note writing and while she was entertaining as always and did fantastic with what was given to her, it didn't give her a chance to show her best work, which was under Guza's earlier run, in scenes with Stefan, Luke, Jax, Alexis, and even Nikolas back then. Then, Helena was complex and formidable. Now, she's being written as evil meddling granny (or great-granny). They might as well give her a witch's hat and broom and have her fly around Port Charles cackling! LOL While I'd love to see her back and have Constance on screen again, the writing leaves a LOT to be desired. It's hard to believe the same guy from 1997-2000 is the one in charge of writing now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I wish there were some way Constance could be worked into Night Shift, either as Helena or another character. These days, Night Shift is so much better than GH, as far as writing and cast balance goes that I think she'd really be given a chance to shine over there.

Archived