Constance's Tower of Love: Helena Cassadine Appreciation

psychofan

• Members
LOL. I remember when Tracy called Helena's curse on Nik/Em a "bloody curse," and Helena responded, "Well, actually, that was a "fire curse," but this book has plenty of bloody ones." And of course, she's so serious about it, and Tracy is all "WTF?" :lol:

I also loved that scene, Marland.

Anyone know if Helena's on today?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I LOVE Helena!!!!! The greatest GH villian ever!!!!!!! I love how even though she causes pain for other people, her prime enemies are Luke and Laura. I remember how years ago she slipped into their wedding ceremony, cursed them, and then just left!!!!

What and awesome, aweomse villian.

I think my favorite quote from Helena was when she actually cursed Luke and Laura. (But it was Elizabeth Taylor playing her then)

• 6 months later...
  • Members

New member here reviving an old thread. I love the title too, by the way :D Did anyone see the talented Ms. Towers on The 4400 on Sunday night? She was awesome! They really downplayed her looks for the role and made her look older, but she brought poignance (if that's a word) and class to her portrayal of Audrey Parker and it's a shame the character died during the episode. As with all of Constance Towers' portrayals, she left me wanting more. I hope other primetime shows realize what a talent she is and offer her roles. Being a fan of the "The Office" I'd love to see her on that show in a comic role, perhaps as Jan's or Angela's mother (she does somewhat resemble both Melora Hardin and Angela Kinsey) What shows would you all like to see Connie on? GH is really dropping the ball by not having her on more often. I don't think I've seen a single episode in almost 6 months.

Great to see other fans of this beautiful, talented, and underappreciated lady.

• Members

Welcome to the thread!! Thanks so much for reviving it (and I really appreciated that comment you left me earlier :)).

I just watched her appearance on 4400. The show itself wasn't my cup of tea (in fact, I turned it off after she died...I'm assuming it didn't show her anymore after that). That being said, as always, Constance was AMAZING!!! Everything she does and says, she has class. LMAO thinking of her on "The Office"...I'd love that. It would be a dream to see Constance in a comic role!!! Maybe Guza saw the episode of 4400 and wised up by refreshing his memory of what a talented lady Constance is. I mean, Jason has had ENOUGH time to shine being on everyday. Helena hasn't been featured heavily in about 6 years. GET WITH IT, GH!!!

• Members

About the comment, you're welcome :)

I totally agree about GH and how they need to bring Constance back and feature Helena again. It's been so long since she's been on that I don't even watch anymore. Sonny, Jason, and the mob bore me, but Constance is always entertaining and a joy to watch. I'm always happy to meet other people who feel the same way, as she is so underrated and underrecognized, even in the soap media. She's such a classy and intelligent lady and Hollywood today needs more class and intelligence. That and she can do both comedy and drama very well and would be awesome on any TV series. "The Office" would be my dream since I love that show and seeing my favorite actress on one of my favorite shows would have me doing a happy dance for sure! LOL

Thanks for replying to my post. Constance/Helena fans rock :D

• Members

lol I know! And a lot of them have been in here once or twice and are Helena fans. I just hope that we can get some more Helena by the end of the year. If Constance's number on the episode count stays at 5 episodes all year long, I'm going to be mad.

• Members

I'm going to be mad too! GH has all this talent in Constance, yet they never use her. And when they do, the storyline is very limited and the character is written into a corner. It's hard to believe this is the same head writer from when Constance first came on as Helena in 1997. It's like he and the other writers forgot how to write for her. The ageist philosophy of the head of ABC Daytime Brian Frons doesn't help either. But look at us, we're both in the 18-34 demographic and WE want to see Constance. She has fans of all ages. I'm glad to have found someone else who gets as fired up about GH's overlooking of Constance as much as I do. It has really soured me on the show in general. She really wants to work and appears to be in great health, so GH has no excuse. I hope I am as energetic and vibrant as she is when I'm her age. In fact, it would be cool if she got a role playing someone a bit younger; she could play 10 years younger easily.

• Members

Well, to start a conversation in here, what has been your favorite story that has been written for Helena in Guza's current run?

My personal favorite was when they first started exploring the Helena/Tracy scenes and when she went after Luke because of the missing money in her bank account.

Archived