Movie remakes or Movies based on TV shows

• Members

I know that when I see a remake of a movie I tend to compare against the original movie.

Planet of the Apes I know that I enjoyed the original more.

But Father of the Bride & Father of the Bride 2 I actually enjoyed the remakes.

I was warned about Bewitched before I saw it.

The Brady Bunch Movies were funy as well.

Lost in Space the movie was Blah, But that would be because I was a very big Lost in Space Fan.

I am just wondering what they can do with Knight Rider.

What others are there cuz I know that there are quiet a few.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's okay when the movies are done as sort of a homage to the original TV series and retains the things that made the TV series so popular. Prime example is "The Brady Bunch Movie."

It absolutely sucks, however, when they basically just take the premise of the TV show and make it completely different for the movie, changing the very fiber of what made the TV show so great. I refuse to ever watch "Charlie's Angels" ever again. It was everything the TV show wasn't. I'd rather have my gun-toting, bikini-wearing original Angels over Cameron Lame-Ass, Lucy Who?, and Drew I-Don't-Care-Anymore anyday.

• Members

I honestly wish they would stop making them all together. Now they are doing movies based on tv shows that were only on for a short time, or that sucked.

Dallas, Dynasty. These are two flicks that are being made that I really feel would best be not done at all.

Archived