Tuc Watkins discusses his OLTL status with TVGuide.com

• Members

Copied from: http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700002009

Rumor Control: Will Tuc Nip His Role on OLTL?

You may have recently seen Tuc Watkins' handsome face on the cover of a soap mag, along with a story suggesting that he will quit One Life to Live when his contract expires in August. The reason given was that Watkins — who plays loveable schemer David Vickers — is tired of the cross-country commute between his Los Angeles home and New York City, where OLTL is taped. Is this true? Let's ask the man himself!

"Well, those magazines unfortunately have to print something once a week," Tuc tells TVGuide.com. "They'll often print stuff that they're not sure is true. The network and I haven't even discussed that yet. It's still a few months down the road."

We sure hope Tuc decides to stay in Llanview. His stylish swagger and witty brand of comic relief would certainly be missed if he left OLTL. "David Vickers went away for seven years once and came back," he says, "so even if he goes to jail in Morocco or something, chances are he'll probably resurface at some point, even if he does go away."

That Tuc is such a tease. Guess we'll just have to stay tuned....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess his pilot wasn't picked up so he's more open to a stay at OLTL. Still, I don't think the mags were lyings. There is absolutely NO WAY he would've been able to star on a primetime show in a lead role and continue at OLTL which films on a different coast. I wonder why the article didn't even mention his pilot?

• Members

Glad for OLTL and OLTL fans that his pilot didn't get picked up by FOX. This should keep Tuc in LLanview as Davd Vickers, one of my faves. I have a theory that David nor Paige are the ones who killed Thomas McBain. It was Spencer Truman instead, that's why Paige cannot remember anything from that night, why Doc Snyder is scared of him, and another reason Spencer is so scared of it being revealed.

Archived