Robin Strasser Tribute Thread: Why Is There Not One Already?

2shane8

• Members

It's insulting that everyone from David Fumero to Forbes March has a thread, but not Robin!

She is a legend in the soap world, dating back to her days as Another World's Rachel.

Through three different stints, her Dorian has been one of Llanview's all time pivotal characters on OLTL.

Robin can go all out and bring Dorian over the top, but she can also be subtle and affective. Her rage is chilling, her histrionics are riveting, and her devotion to her Cramer girls is heartwarming.

RS has won a Daytime Emmy as Lead Actress and garnered three additional nominations. She has also been voted Soap Opera Digest's Favorite Leading Actress, and I believe she has won a Soap Opera Update MVP award as well.

I hope there are some other Robin Strasser/Dorian fans on here ... I sure do miss HeedTheMessenger, the biggest RS fan I've known on this board!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Robin is a freakin LEGEND in this medium with a star quality which cannot be denied! I am so greatful she is still in daytime because she represents a great FASCINATING part of soap opera history and yet she is so vital and in the present that it would be an insult to perceive her as a relic from the past.

Susan Lucci may get the props as the original bad girl, but we all know Robin got there before! Hell, Robin was playing Erica Kane before Susan if you think about it - through the near identical character of Rachel on AW! The Rachel/Steve/Alice triangle set the standard to which all others followed... Rachel crashing the engagement of the star crossed lovers to announce her pregnancy was groundbreaking for the time!

It infuriates me that this early part of Robin's career is often overlooked and people just concentrate on Dorian.

Robin should get a Lifetime Achievement Emmy, because if it wasnt for her, we would not even have our soaps as they are today. Its not about the number of years she's been on the shows, its about her huge contribution, giving us a type of femme fatale character we had really never seen, not even in Eileen Fulton's Lisa.

Robin Strasser changed the face of daytime just as Geary would do about a decade after and i'll always big her up!

Nobody can accuse Robin of letting herself go over the years either, i mean can you say SEX GODDESS?!

ffat10.jpg

DSC_2459_lr.jpg

• Members

Funny you should mention the similarities between Rachel and Erika Kane. You probably already know this, but what the hell. Agnes Nixon had written All My Children and submitted it to P&G, but they rejected the idea of the soap and that was that. However, years later she would go on to be headwriter for Another World ( same time she was headwriter for Guiding Light and prior on As The World Turns) and the character of Erika Kane stuck out, so she named it Rachel and the character became an immediate hit and enabled the then struggling soap to be come a hit.

Anyway, Robin is truly amazing, one of the best actresses daytime has to offer. I just hate the way they're writing for Dorian on One Life To Live at the moment. Dorian seems to have lost her sass and is left to be nothing more than a insecure woman who just goes on rants. Dorian and Robin deserve so much more.

• Members

Robin is without a doubt my favorite OLTL veteran. I love her on one life and I loved her while she was doing her brief Passions stint as Hecuba. I love how she can play Dorian comical, emotional, and a !@#$%^&*] all at the same time!!

• Members

There is SO much for Dorian to do, and so much in her history i find interesting. I wish the writers would explore that. ABC needs to find the biggest OLTL scholar and make them headwriter. I am a huge fan of this show's history and whilst i don't know any intricate details prior to the 80s, I'd take the HW job in a heartbeat and make this show alive and fascinating again.

• Members

Robin's been on fire for about a week now, taking the best and worst of Dorian and serving it up in an intoxicating, riveting brew!

Her confrontation with Spencer today was pure, CLASSIC Dorian Cramer Lord!

I gave her my vote for last week's SON Top 10, and that may happen again this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived