DAYS: SOW Spoilers and Emmy Buzz

• Members

John/Marlena got the article. Basically the same as the one from SOD. Marlena remembers with the help of John while Hope keeps Alex occupied. John/Marlena head off to the beach with Alex and Patrick in hot pursuit. Whey they find the lovers, Alex orders Patrick to kill John just as Hope arrives to overhear him.

Hall says, "Marlena is stunned in that moment. She can't believe that Alex is involved, that he's asking Patrick to kill John. It's shocking." And deadly.

James Scott announcement. Same as we have read everywhere.

Casting announcment: Days is casting Stephanie Johnson.

BUZZ...... "At press time, a head writer was rumored to be on her/his way out......."

The List...... Who needs a honeymoon? Shawn and Mimi are getting busy on the couch.

SPOILERS week of 5/15

Bo wrestles with his decision not to tell Hope about Chelsea's trial date.

Jack learns he might live.

Sami mistakenly thinks Austin is proposing to her.

Clesea suspects something is amiss with Claire.

Kate demands to know what Lexie has on Sami.

Frankie proposes to Jennifer.

Week of 5/22

Marlena's memory comes back for good!

Bo goes after Hope.

Abby makes a startling announcement.

Cute Shelle pic in the recap of the week with them hugging. I guess it's from the painting scenes.

EMMY BUZZ and STUFF!

Most excited presenter: Jason Cook - "YES! Sesame Street!"

Farah comments that after getting their Emmy presenter's script, she and Jason thought it was lackluster and boring, so they spiced it up. They rewrote the dialogue and Brian Frons came up to Farah after the show and said, "You were so funny onstage." She told him they rewrote the script and he said he knew the writers couldn't have come up with anything that cleaver.

Kristian Alfonso got hungry during the show so she checked out the caterers and tried everything....... mini burgers, chicken sate' and shrimp, cookies on a stick. Thinking of her castmates she stole a few and took them back with her. She said you should have seen what was under her chair.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well, it was announced in May of 2003 that JER was back so maybe his contract was only for 3 years? So if he is gone, there should be an announcement later this month, if not, JER is staying for at least another cycle (12 weeks? Do writers have contact cycles like actors?).

• Members

I honestly wouldn't be too torn up if JER was out as headwriter..I loved the serial killer storyline, lumi as a couple, some of the aftermath of the stan reveal, sole, brady/chloe's exit, zack's death, the return of carrie, austin, frankie, the beginning of the Marlena amnesia storyline, and the shelle/shimi triangle...But the rest of the show has been pretty crappy during his run..

Maybe a new writer is just what need..I just know the show is on the upswing now with the patch and kayla return..So a new writer could mess that up..

Also glad to hear they are casting stefanie johnson..can't wait..

• Members

If TBTB have any sense, they would seriously consider bringing someone else in before Patch and Kayla's story takes center stage. The couple is one of the greatest in Days and daytime history and if he even remotely messes this up, those in charge know that they might as well lock the studio doors.

• Members

I love my boy, JER. He's my idol. But I have to look past him to my love for DAYS, and if a new writer could get DAYS back to being in the ratings attic, I am all for it.

The only problem is finding a writer that I trust to write DAYS.

• Members

These sound good!!

I am not opposed to losing JER because fans want that but like Kev said the show is definitely going to be on the upswing so I am worried a new writer would screw it up. I would just hope who they get is someone that has worked on Days recently or is a experienced HW who respects show history.

If JER is out and Days is in the market for a writer (I hear that Corday was checking writers out at the emmys) then it is safe to say NBC is going to extend the show for at least two the two year option to see if they can rebound.

• Members

i love these spoilers and that rumor so much i hope jer is leaving days for two reasons number 1 he will not be writing for days anymore which is the best and reason number 2 he can make passions what is was before he went back to days because when he went back to days passions turned very bad fast i think the reason for that was jer can not write for more then 1 soap at a time and keep each show good.

• Members

It was on a message board a few weeks ago from someone who went to the emmys. At first I didn't trust it but I guess the person is a stagehand for one of the soaps and posts buzz they hear every year. I will try to find a link to the post or message board but it was posted the week after the emmys so its been awhile :lol: . They didn't say what soaps they just said he was table hopping and inquiring about writers and saying that he wanted to improve the quality of the show-basically what that SOW article said when they announced Days hired acting coaches. I knew something was up because prior to the emmys you had Austin Peck saying in his blog he wasn't happy and I have heard some say Drake was unhappy because the story went on too long. Missy and Matt are obviously mad and so is Warlock because the show told him he wouldn't come between J&J and look what happened. I just get the feeling NBC and the daytime heads who were installed in December are losing patience and since Kalouria is gone (JER's big supporter) I think JER is in trouble.

Oh and the article in SOW (I got it today) seems to me like Patrick might be out. It sounds like Hope or Marlena catches Patrick working with Alex and trying to kill John so if that is true maybe his days are numbered? Some people have to go after all.

I have a feeling Abby's announcement is she is pregnant.

Archived