The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

it's all good Ms Q! I speak spanish too, not fluent but at least enough to translate what i need to. I hope all the moving went well

i'm sure you put it in you post, but I don't have a second to read it all yet, so I just thought I'd say it anyway. You'll get used to being off campus!!

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmm...

1.) Some professor made a big, fat pass at you, and you're dreading having to spend the whole summer with him?!?!?!

2.) No problem on the Spanish. I'll figure it out (somehow!). I have to learn how to say "torrid affair" in spanish, because I hear you're going to have one (with some cutie dude who is going to quit smoking for you) !!! :lol::lol::lol:

• Members
No, no, no!!! I worded that SO wrongly!!! I just didn't want to post something that he or his wife would take offense to. But it's not like that. I feel so stupid for making such a big deal out of this now... :(

BTW, torrid love affair = aventura amorosa tórrida, and you can put the second adjective first in this case, so it could also be tórrid aventura amorosa. I've Google.es'ed it, and both are used in Spanish publications... :)

Sorry I missed you all in the breakroom. Maybe tomorrow?

• Members

MsQ, despite the fact that I am still grasping helplessly at understanding English, and that the only languages I ever fumbled through in school were French and German, I would be perfectly content to get emails in Spanish from you. I might only understand 1/5 of what you say, but Tracy is Universal, right? And now that I know the following important phrases, I'll be fine: pelo malo, pelo bueno, and aventura amorosa tórrida.

PinkPopsicle, thanks for the Baby Boom caps. And, wow, even I can't justify that look on Jane. Just sooo not a good look for her. Was her performance at least good?

• Members

It will be fun to try and deceipher your emails, Ms. Q! It will be like a mini course en espanol! Sounds like there are a few of us that know some Spanish..between all of us I'm sure we can figure them out! I think you should write a story while you're in Mexico....Tracy's vacation or something!

Hooked....I'm looking forward to reading your story when I get back!

Have a nice weekend everyone B)

LA

• Members

Everyone notice how Ms. Q didn't deny the possibility of a torrid love affair?!?!? :lol::lol: Send those emails, chica! There are English/Spanish dictionaries all over the web. I'll figure it out!

Ugly is Feo

I had to look up jacket. http://www.freedict.com/onldict/spa.html says it's "chaqueta." I have never heard that word before. Is it right?

Ugh.. Lainey doesn't want to go to work.

I mean really really really. She doesn't want to go. Ugh. :(

Edited by LaineyBev714

• Members

Yes I noticed no denials at all by Ms Q! :) We might be getting some racy fanfic stories when she gets back, based on her adventura amorosa torrida or however you say it. However, cute smoker boy may pale in comparison to some hot (en fuego) Mexican guys--ha ha! How do you say "oopsie daisy" en espanol-HA!

• Members

TracyLuv, CLICK HERE for the Emotional Video. Sorry it took so long for me to reupload and post.

Thanks all for being okay with the Spanish emails. :D

Yes, chaqueta is jacket. So, Tracy wears chaquetas feas y largas (long). Short would be cortas. As far as the robes/housecoats go, I just looked it up, and it's bata.

Oopsie Daisy? LOL. I'd say no translation in the sense we're talking about. I could give you the word for "oops" and the word for "daisy," but that would a direct translation and totally incorrect. :lol: I wonder what kind of looks like I would get. "Oops" as in "Damn it" or "Darn it," would be Ay caramba.

Who knew Tracy Q. could be so educational? LOL.

• Members

Sad to say, but most of the really cool stuff I've learned in my life, I've learned from fandom. Like, Star Trek taught me about the concept of entropy. Harry Potter taught me about the Italian Resistance in WWII (don't ask) and fine wines. I've learned more about expensive clothes, wilderness survival, fine alcohol, and corporate politics from General Hospital than I ever would have in school.

Add espanol to that ever-growing list.

And they say TV rots your brain.

• Members

Deb--and think how much you have learned about purses from the lovefest--ha ha! I have just added Lainey's shoes for Tracy to my story! BTW...we saw the train station in London that they filmed Harry Potter on. We took a picture near where 91/2 should have been. Last book coming out in July. My kids are so excited to read it.

I am having a pajama day today. Still sitting in my pjs, drinking coffee and writing! I bagged out of working field day today at the kids school in the hot sun. I have done in the past 8 years, so I deserve a break huh!

• Members

Hooked, if I bring nothing else out of my Tracy addiction but a knowledge of and appreciation for the Dyke Purse, it will have been well worth the time.

I'm so jealous of you for playing hookie; I wanted to call in sick sooooo bad today (and yesterday). But I have to save five vacation days for our trip in December, which leaves me with only one more personal day to play with for the rest of the year. I am just going to have to tough it out and go to work, even when I feel like sleeping in and watching television all day.

MsQ, are you going to start posting spoilers en espanol, cuz that might be a bit much. Free Translation Dot Com doesn't work so good, ya know, and well, I need my spoilers. The antidepressants are working too well, and spoilers give me that safe, familiar feeling of paranoia and mistrust.

Speaking of paranoia and mistrust, any Q spoilers for today or next week?

• Members

Pajama day paid off...finished this story I started before all my travels. Credit to Lainey for brainstorming the idea with me. We were going to do it jointly, but travels and work constraints were getting in the way--darn real life! I finished it up this morning. Lainey, we will do another one jointly when things settle down. I still want to do that!

http://hookedongh.livejournal.com/5648.html

Guess all good things come to an end, and I must get dressed and get out of my house! Ha ha!