The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Oooh, ILTQ, you have made this palateable. And I promise, I loved loved LOVED the way TG/JE played these scenes. The tenderness, love, and respect between them is so apparent when they talk, when they look at each other. I overlooked the awkwardness, though, but in retrospect I see it. My brain can make this work. Thank you.

Now I just have to fic the puppy to at least make it fanon....

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree with all of this, and I'm so glad ILTQ got here first to type all of it, because she said it better than I ever could. As much as I hate bailing out the writers, because they do indeed suck, this is the feeling I got from the scenes yesterday, and whatever has been going on recently with them with the will. In fact, I think that this is when everything started. I definitely don't think there was any LuNacy action before Alan's death, but something about them conspiring together drew them together and made them giddy...and frisky...and more appreciative. And I think that's when whatever has transpired started. And the way they were awkward about it yesterday gave me the impression that either it's a very new thing, or maybe they're 'trying' but it hasn't quite happened yet. Just my two cents.

Interesting stuff about the rape and who knew what. I wasn't around then, and since I was a teen during the whole 90's rape reveal thing (which was completely the right age to be, because of course I was introduced to GH by a friend's mother who was a huge Luke and Laura fan, so it had the right affect...sort of a "wait a minute! You said they were a supercouple, but he raped her?!!? ) But I always wondered who knew what back then.

I really hope the rape reveal redux doesn't cause any bumps for LuNacy. Quite frankly, I'd rather them not revisit it at all. It doesn't matter to me whether Lulu knows, and I don't like that they are painting Scott as some big evil villain who will tell poor Lulu the truth. But oh well...there will be Kin and Tony and Jane scenes...I'll just forget that anyone else exists in the storyline.

• Members

Ok, after I have rewatched a zillion times....I TOTALLY think it could be one of two things....either they just started sleeping together or are trying to, but it just hasn't happened yet, even though she wants it to. I rewatched Luke's comments about "it was just one night...by my calculations we are doing just fine". It doesn't HAVE to mean sex. It could mean that their relationship is progressing in the right direction. I still am thinking they haven't actually done it...and wed is going to be the first time.

I think they were just way to awkward yesterday to have been sleeping together for a long time. And I think it was that she finally came to his bed and starting in with him (btw...we figured out to noodle meant "to play or to toy with" last night in the verb form of the word) or he was in her bed, and then it didn't happen. If they have been sleeping together, I don't think their kisses would be so tenative as they are now...and they wouldn't be doing it on the couch in the living room....trust me...from someone who has been married a long, long time.... (ha ha).

And why would alan be like "Luke had to go somewhere else to finish what you started". I mean if they have been sleeping together for a long time, so what is the big deal about one night having it not happen cause she was upset. I can think of a million nights that happens.

So that is my two cents for the morning. I am keeping my illusion that we are still going to get a first time...this week. If not, then they for sure have only done it a couple of times recently, but that is all I am accepting--ha ha!

• Members

The rape scenes are on youtube also. I hadn't remembered these. It is amazing actually that the whole greatest soap love of all time stemmed from this... Gloria Monty must have been a genius to turn this into the love of the ages, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg544ZAmnO4...ted&search=

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

Hooked, I like your way even better. They haven't been sleeping together--only everything but. Yeah, that making out on the couch thing is not really an "old married couple" way of handling it. Of course, they probably have tried, only to be interrupted by Ghost!Alan. Yeah, I feel better now. I love coming here. You guys make me feel much better.

• Members

Special thanks to an anonymous poster from SoapDish (in Canada):

*~Tracy!Recaps~*

Segment 1: No Tracy.

Segment 2: No Tracy.

Segment 3: Alan/Tracy. Talking about Luke and Laura. Tracy knows Luke will always love Laura and will never give up on her.

ABC has returned to regular scheduled programming. I'll edit in.

Heads up, we all know my recaps are going to be huge. :lol: So if you don't want to know details yet, don't read.

Segment 4: Tracy's in a brown, sparkly, rather bulky jacket. Hair is UGHHHHHH! Alan/Tracy still discussing Luke and Laura. Tracy: The best thing Luke can do is let Laura go and let Nikolas handle this. Alan: That would be sensible, but Luke is not sensible, especially when it comes to Laura. Tracy doesn't know why she puts up with all of this. Alan tells her it's because she loves him, that she's been waiting for him her entire life. He gives her a run for her money. He compares Monica to Luke. Luke cheats on Tracy (Me: Still?). Monica cheated on Alan. Luke steals Tracy's money. Monica threw Alan out of the house that he gave to her. Luke rocks Tracy's world. Monica rocked Alan's world. Luke enters through the patio. Tracy asks, "Bad day?" He tells her about the guardianship issue, when Laura readmitted herself to ShadyBrook, she made Nikolas her sole guardian. She knows. :o

Segment 5: Luke: How do you know? After Laura relapsed and Luke took off, Tracy went to ShadyBrook to make sure all the arrangements were taken care of. That's when the staff told her Nikolas was handling everything because Laura made him her guardian. Luke doesn't know why Laura would do that. Tracy says it's because Laura wanted to leave Luke with the memories of her as a woman, not some patient that's going to need to be taken care of. Luke is unsure: How do you know that? Tracy: I would have done the same thing. She says she and Laura are nothing alike, but as women, they want to preserve their dignity. Laura wanted to save the man she loved from the pain of having to care for her. Luke is a little angry that Tracy didn't tell him. Tracy said it wasn't even an issue 'til Scott Baldwin showed up. He has to protect Laura from him.

Segment 6: No Tracy.

Segment 7: Scotty is about to enter Laura's room. Tracy: Not so fast. Scotty wants to know what she's doing there, asks if she's going to smother her with a pillow (:o) to end this fight over Laura once and for all. Tracy's here to warn the staff about Scotty. She is going to tell them he is not allowed anywhere near Laura's room. Scotty says Tracy should be happy that he's going for guardianship because it frees Laura of Luke. Tracy is going to make this perfectly clear and is going to explain it in words that Scotty can understand. She is Mrs. Luke Spencer, and if Luke Spencer doesn't want Scotty near Laura, then neither does she. Meanwhile, Luke enters Wyndemere (I'm assuming, didn't catch it). He goes to Nikolas: We need to talk about your mother.

Previews: No Tracy. Luke: I have always taken care of Laura! Nikolas: You're not married to her anymore! Craig lurks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Catching up...

Wow, look at all those analyses of yesterday's episode. I'm going to believe what the rest of you are believing. They've either just started sleeping with each other or will be soon. Perhaps later this week, right? At MetroCourt...with OLIVES!

Also, the "noodle" scene...He said, "noodle me about..." (I believe the "about" is quieter, but it's in there). So...Are we thinking it has the same meaning?

And you all need to head to SOC...I bet the thread will be deleted shortly though. It's the "Oopsie Daisy" one. :lol:

Finally, I just want to say again how happy I am that Keaton and tracyluver stopped in the breakroom last night. I hope you both will continue to join us in there.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Hey, Megan! :) Welcome to the Lovefest. We're a bit nutty, but we're mostly harmless.

MsQ, I can make screencaps, and so can PinkPopsicle. If you ever want some, just ask.

I have no idea what I want, but I think I'd like a new TQ Ficathon banner. I like this one, and I like that it connects with the theme of the community, but I'm itching for a change. And your banners just rock the Casbah, you know?

I'm coming up with a massively groovy bunny for Prompt #40, aka The NeverEnding Situation. I'm on my fourth bunny, but I think this might be the one. Maybe. Perhaps....

Oh, who knows???? :D Ya'll love me, even if I am a complete flake.

EDIT: Just finished reading the chat transcripts. The quote from Luke is "Et tu, Alice?" It's Latin, and basically means, "You, too, Alice?" The reference is to Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. When Brutus, Caesar's right hand man, joins in the assassination, Caesar turns to him and says, "Et tu, Brute?" It's usually said when someone--a close friend or ally--betrays you.

Class dismissed. Please read act one of Shaw's Mrs. Warren's Profession for tomorrow and be prepared to discuss Edwardian morality in Industrial Age England for a grade.

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

Our first part of GH was pre-empted today so I am taping soapnet. But seems like I only missed one tracy scene. So, at least she admitted she knew about nic being the guardian instead of lying about it or pretending she didn't...she is making some progress.

And the fact that she went to shadybrook to make sure all the arrangements were made was pretty nice since her lame ass huband took off on her! :)

All the love stuff from yesterday was gone huh? Oh well...it will be back...

So she said noodle me about....I thought he said noodle with me...oh no, I gotta watch it again now and listen again :)

Am off to run kids to someplace or another and a meeting, but will try to be online later!