• Members

She's also one of the best things on this season of Hacks, a show that I did not enjoy otherwise.

It often felt as if they purposely kept EJ and Kristen separate while James Scott was playing the part.  But, now there needs to be comment on their shared past. Because it is so odd to see them as brother and sister (half, step, adopted, or whatever).

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Fascinating! I totally love HACKS. Dee's part was insignificant. She looked great & was obviously well-lit & she hit all her marks & emoted appropriately. Her line readings were fine. But, HACKS is this amazing, hilarious show & I love Jean Smart's character & also her writer, Ava, and Dee was part of the B storyline about her being the mother of another member of Debra's staff. Except for confirming for me that the lighting at DAYS is awful, she might as well have not been there. 

• Members

Ugh, I wish they hadn't thrown her away not once but twice (2006, 2012). The first time was because Reilly 2.0 wanted a 2.0 of Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas. The second time being a(nother) cast purge of most folks they brought back for the touted 2011 "reboot."  Both were poor decisions, IMO. 

• Members

I like CB/Gabi.  I don't love her, but I have always mostly enjoyed the character.  I am open to a recast, but I almost feel it's unnecessary.  You are just giving Rafe and Stefan more importance.

It's a real shame about CC/Carrie because she absolutely should be leading the show.  I miss her so much.  While I appreciate AS/Sami and think Sami should be on the show, Carrie was the heart.   MM's Belle could never live up to what Carrie already was.  

• Members

CC had good chemistry with all her leading men.  I even thought she had a smidge of chemistry with GG/Rafe.  Mike/Carrie was a bit creepy on paper, but it was nice to rid her of dumb Austin for a second.   And I did like how the show played it similar to the Roman/Marlena/John affair. 

• Members

I agree -- clumsy and clunky. Part of that is because I don't think Matt Ashford is much of an actor. He IS Jack, but he's just not very good.

I also did a double-take when he made a postive comment about Juneteenth. Didn't we hear him go all racist in his run for mayor???

• Members

Today's episode wasn't half bad. It kept my attention. It was great seeing Lani again!

I hope Johnny and Chanel are leaving for good. They are such a boring couple. They haven't evolved as individuals much less a couple. Carson still can't act.

It is sad that the episode was so rushed.

• Members

-- With that body and bubble butt, I can take Carson Boatman's acting, but I agree that they're boring. They've been given "story," but the end result is it feels like they've had no story. I really think the writers have failed them, dialing back the wildness/edge/immaturity in both characters.

-- I think Brandon Barash has been failed by the writers, too. He exists as a talk-to, showing up with a letter, or overhearing some secret.

-- I'm also done with Jackee. I love her for a year, but I'm over it. All of it.

-- Marlena's Drive-Thru Therapy is impressive. If you can find a psychiatrist, it takes a couple months to get an appointment -- but not with Marlena! Same day is fine!