• Members

Lol!  I am 99% MB "coaches and trains" GH newbies just to wield power of them because he couldn't find any work outside of daytime.

You're welcome.  At least BC knows how to make himself relevant on a soap board every now and again.  I hadn't thought about him in years before today.

It's beyond absurd that GH is trying to make the audience believe that Kristina can just up and keep the baby.  I can't believe a Dr. and a lawyer didn't have an ironclad contract made up before Kristina even started this journey.  I am sure after today's episode Kristina is going to try to fight giving the baby up on the grounds that TJ/Molly *might* break up one day, but that's idiotic too.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well that explains the comment MB made to CD on state of mind about some younger actors thinking they are too good

MB probably disliked that NAC didnt go to him for acting advice. 

• Members

If I’m not mistaken, but isn’t NAC one of the very few recent soap stars that actually studied acting in college and got that formal training the old-fashion way?

I’d be annoyed too if I were him and if MB came to me and tried to tell me he was better or surpassed the training and years of work I’ve already put into my craft. 

• Members

Yes, the comment was pretty thinly veiled IIRC and I knew immediately he was talking about NAC.

Honestly I'd be annoyed if MB came at me unsolicited and told me what to do even if my only was experience was a high school production of Grease lol.  It just feels pushy if you aren't asking for help or aren't having trouble, which NAC clearly wasn't.

• Members
Posted (edited)

No, I totally agree. Particularly as a semi-heroine in her early years with Nikolas, KT had about 3 expressions. I used to check them off on each reaction shot of her, including "Misty Nausea" and "Dull Surprise". Playing a two-dimensional catty bitch and catnip for gay fans is easy and gets you too much credit, being fleshed out is a harder job for an actor and she's never been great at it AFAIC. Bryan was more talented. He was also stupider.

And yeah, it's ridiculous how petulant Mo and his coterie get about Chavez on his little show. He and VM must be very close to still let him talk to her the way he has. She's also one of the only performers capable of waking him up and making him work for it at this late date (though it's been 10+ years).

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

Did you see yesterday, Jason came into the pool area, stopped, was staring daggers at Carly, wishing her to look up & see him, he was even drumming his fingers on this table or something. Then, she looked up & SAW HIM & just departed leaving Gio & Joss talking to her still ... HUG!

In the podcast, he said, "It was written, bro. When it's written, you do it." However, he did describe asking if it was actually a prerequisite to the scene. When told they really needed to do it, he said, "okay, but Merry Christmas because this is never happening again!" Talking about the scene with Liz at the pool. 

Now Musk has been stupid again. He made LIKES private so now they have no point. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

And my response to this would be why not? He has played Jason as close to the way he wants since he quit and came back in 2001-2002. When you watch Jason up to Robin leaving in his first run, he has way more emotions on display.

I think a great place to explore Jason now would be him rediscovering his connections with people. He can still be Stone Cold, but I think he should also be more emotionally open with his kids, Liz, Sam and Carly. The pool was a great scene. That’s a Jason I could be interested in again, one who is trying new things.

• Members

I did enjoy Britt during her more recent run. She and Jason actually had a spark. In her first run she was just catty to have someone to be nasty to everyone.

It’s just another example of one of these actors not really knowing what is best for their character. Like Tony rewriting Luke and claiming he was always how he wanted him to be. I will die on the hill that Luke before Nikolas was revealed would never have cheated on Laura. It doesn’t matter that we didn’t see him for almost a decade, he would never do that to her.

• Members

Maurice should just write a book called "Respect for Soap Acting" and be done with it.

And Steve should just [!@#$%^&*] off.

• Members

I thought she and Jason were good together as well, but that's about as useful as I ever found Brit.

I really don't know why he's so pressed about Jason either.  SBu seemed fine with everything he did as Harris on Days and had no complaints and A LOT of it was stupid.   Although I have heard a few minutes of his idiotic podcast and a good portion of the stuff he says is in a more jokey or sarcastic manner, so without hearing it I have little context on how he said it.

Anyway, it's not like SBu's return has done anything for the ratings and the show managed to survive a few times without him.  He's not as irreplaceable as he thinks.

• Members

Thank you!  That's exactly what I'm saying!  You can't get on your high horse and tell TPTB what you won't do as Jason when we've seen what you did do as Harris!  Steve's just playing power games with GH/ABCD and, like I said, he can [!@#$%^&*] off.

• Members

I agree.  He does it because he can and he didn't have the standing at Days and to a lesser extent Y&R to create a fuss.

Idk, I would have to hear the podcast/interview to really get the full scope of what he said and I am 100% not going to look it up lol.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

In dialog, with Carly, she asked him if he got her texts? And he replied that he had but had she gotten his text back? Jason Morgan of the past did not text!!! Now this Jason has texted Carly to tell her he really is okay after the shooting attempt. THIS IS AMAZING. Because, like you're saying, it is Jason M but one who is doing new things. And, like you, I am both interested & curious about ANY new Jasonisms. For him to be trying new things, especially related to communicating with people, is a nice idea. An idea whose time has come. 

If you saw the podcast, I think you'd have a different reaction. He had this hilarious look on his face when he knew Bradford was about to bring up dangling their "paws" in the pool. This shi*-eating grin, that then changed to just an ordinary grin, and then when he said, "It was written, bro. And, what is written, you do." it was just fun & funny, not weird or being full of himself, just joking but not about what is written on the page, serious about that part. He went on to say that it was a good scene & that it supported the friendship. And then Bradford brought up his being at Finn's & saying that to Finn & rescuing Liz. And he corrected him that had happened before the pool, not after, and something about it being good, again talking about the scenes & about Jake calling him... 

I fear that I have misled  you by not providing some context. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more