• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still don't get how Everett's coma plays into this whole thing. Has anyone even verified that he WAS in a coma for all that time? And that's sort of a separate issue from the DID, right? Because he was living as Bobby Stein and married to Jada while *also* living as Everett Lynch and dating Stephanie. Then the (alleged) accident and coma happened, and he recovered and came to Salem to find Steph.

None of this makes sense, and I doubt it ever will. How was he a well known journalist working in Seattle under two names and no one knew?

• Members

Before we get too far down the road I wanted to say something about Baby Blanket. I was one who was totally dubious of the very idea of using a blanket in the place of an infant. Now, I am forced to say that I was wrong, wrong, wrong! After I got more used to the idea, the blanket was used very effectively. And I can easily imagine how it was a boon to production not to have to deal with twins or triplets & strict timing of what is allowable! 

Now, I thought both Thursday & Friday last week were good days. Now I can add today in, also. 

I loved, totally loved Suzanne in that banana orange suit.  Also I haven't said but I am so pleased that Suzanne will be honored at this year's Daytime Emmys. Much & well deserved. 

There was no one on today that bothered me. Kudos again & again to Ari & to Greg. 

Comparing DID storylines to things like the old Mission Impossible impersonating latex masks, well, there just is NO comparison. I'll take DID over those damn masks any day. 

I thought it was very sensitive of Holly to realize what this must be doing to Eric. Great that she crossed the room just to give him this huge hug. I appreciate the writing remembering that Eric & Holly have a real, authentic relationship. Because of the previews I was startled at it seeming like Sloan has vanished. We know we'll be seeing her again soon. 

I agree with the questions being raised about BobEverett living two lives back in Seattle. We know from previous fictional accounts of people with DID that there are odd, quizzical things about their lives. When the gatekeeper persona is trying to keep other alters from knowing what's going on, a lot of weird stuff is happening. Also did the "coma" actually exist? The most famous DID stories that have been dramatized but are "based on truth" stories had many personalities, not just two. Stephanie has been written so stupid that I question whether she will be able to persuade or trick BobEverett back into therapy. 

I liked Xander dubbing them Hurricane Alex & Tornado Theresa. 

• Members

I missed what you meant in watching today's show?  What's changed about the Konstantin daughter storyline?  Or, do you mean that you just hate the retcon in general that Steve and John went on a mission for Victor while he was The Pawn?

• Members

His name would’ve been Konstantino then

In terms of preserving continuity, they could have said something like back then, Konstantin worked for the Greek mob and that they also did business with Stefano. And then something went wrong, so Stefano sent his best asset to kill Konstantin but got his daughter instead.

Not the best explanation in the world, but at least it wouldn’t have retconned anything. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I enjoy the Alex vs. Xander rivalry, and I even think it is clever that they used the similarities in their names.  And you need Konstantin to tell that story, because few others would have a motive to change the will.  So, I'm giving it a pass.

Also, I like the interplay of John and Steve.  I mean, he was really Bo's friend, but I am amused whenever they're in a scene together.

I am also amused that characters could travel to Montana or Scotland, and all that means is that they'll re-dress the hotel room set.  Stick on some clipart of a snow capped mountain in the window, and it's Bozeman.  Then rip that off and inset Loch Lomand, and they're in Europe. 

However, Rafe outsourcing the decoding of Clyde's black book to anyone who asks, is the detail that gets my goat today.

Edited by j swift

• Members

LOLLLLLL. Too true. "How nice that the hotels in Scotland have exactly the same builder-grade doors as every home and hotel in Salem!"

Rafe's idiocy cracks me up. John and Steve aren't even the ISA -- they're just dudes who have worked with the ISA. At least call Shane or Andrew?!

• Members

This first part of the baby reveal is falling flat for me. The acting has been good and bad. 

Why isn't EJ mad as hell? He should be furious over this. Nicole and Eric should be suspicious. 

The rest of the episode I fast forwarded.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Christopher Sean just did an ig live this evening Monday May 27
He chatted with fans and was nice to everyone.   Signed photos for Days fans.  Talked about his new movie "Ultraman Rising" which is coming out in June.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The baby reveal could’ve have been set up so much better, it seems like something thrown together to make a regular episode interesting instead of being the main reason to tune in. 

I think the writing team is saving their big reveal for Jude’s paternity but c’mon you can make this reveal equally or just a tad bit more of a big deal. It’s so obvious why they’re doing this (downplaying this for Jude’s paternity reveal) and it’s the wrong decision in my opinion.