• Members

Yeah, I just thought about that, he's Allie's Grandfather and her step-Grandfather.  Family tree makers in Salem must have a very difficult time (also, lesson learned, even with emojis it is difficult to imply irony in a written post).

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I guess, but I still think the show needs a good villain, and especially a villain that doesn’t just pop in every few months to be annoying, like Clyde. And EJ seems to be in the best position for that at the moment. 

I actually wouldn’t even mind Days going all out and turning Eric and EJ into the new Roman and Stefano. 

Yep.

Most of Salem is related to people on both sides of their family

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It's intriguing because Daniel Feuerriegel is exactly 10 years younger than Joe Moscolo was when he premiered as Stefano (even though Stefano seemed so old when I was a kid).  So, if they would allow everyone to age naturally, rather than using them in stories about babies and other 30-something topics, he could easily embrace the full-on villain and still be romantically viable.

I guess Johnny would be a few younger than Tony was in 1984, but he could also repeat the conflicted eldest son role in the family.   And Chanel is a natural next gen Anna-type (minus the bad mothering traits).

• Members
Posted (edited)

It begs the age-old question of how famous these people are amongst Salem-ites.  Much like the superheros in comic book movies.  They're in the news regularly, but strangers don't seem to recognize them.

I mean, normally, nobody would read about a high school couple's romantic woes in a gossip column.  But, Holly is the step-daughter of one of the wealthiest families in town, and she just emerged from a coma that may have been in the paper.  Also, she's dating the young man who was falsely accused of drugging her, and that created a scandal that required the D.A. to have a press conference.  So, there is some salacious value in those pictures.

However, given that the embattled Mayor just fired the DA, you'd think there was plenty of other news to read about in The Spectator.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

Watching..

Holly and Tate have become so boring due to the writing and recast of Tate.

The stuff with Leo is ridiculous and it's just being done to give Greg Rikaart more unnecessary airtime.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Today seemed very Ron-like. I guess this means that the scab writing is over. 

That being said, idk why but I kinda felt bad for Sloan today. I’m curious to see where she’s gonna go from here. I got a lot of fanfiction ideas lol 

I’m still a little cautious about Chad’s storyline though. I liked his scenes today and I hope he ends up bringing EJ and Steve into it somehow, but it just feels weird. I think we all know what they’re going to do, but why the rewrite? The original explanation for Abigail’s death was weak and lousy and stunk of a mid story rewrite, so maybe that has something to do with it. I’ve always wondered why it was written like that.

As for Everett, I’m not a big fan of his storyline but I’m interested in him punching out Eric today, why he did it and what it means for his relationship with Stephanie.

And btw, Stephanie being besties with the guy who sexually assaulted half of the men in her family will never make sense. 

• Members

I feel like I've stumbled onto one of those extra feeds that Big Brother fans used to watch. Only this is the #DAYSAllLeoAllTheTime alternate feed! Where oh where is my ordinary DAYS?!! 

I have no pity for Sloan. I am not at all curious about what is to befall her. I don't blame the actress. In fact, I think she's doing a good job & is better than she was, say, a year ago. I'm just not very interested, I guess. 

The only thing that makes me thing Captain Ron is at the helm is the upped Leo factor!

I just don't exactly understand what Chad is after. A better reason for Abby to be dead?!! 

That sucker punch really landed, hard! I think I heard it. THUNK. 

Wait. Who assaulted whom? I don't understand Stephanie. Still! Or maybe Again! Why is she with BobEverett? I will say, though, that the actor, Blake, is doing a good job with the material. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Here's what I liked today, I prefer when male characters are wise to the attitudes of their partners.  So, I will give points to Roman for being able to correctly figure out Kate's feelings.

I will also give credit to the Abby story, because last year's resolution to that tale felt hollow, so if we are learning the actual motive to the murder, that is a good thing.

I feel like we're building toward the finale of Harris, which will have repercussions on the Kate and Ava relationship.  I have no idea about the cause of animosity between the two women.  But, Kate saying that Harris could free Lucas, and increased focus on Clyde's whereabouts does not bode well for everyone's favorite formerly brainwashed Seal/currently oldest police rookie.

What I didn't like was EJ flip-flopping on raising Eric's son simply because he saw a drunk Nicole make a pass at Eric.  Also, last week he was offering Leo a lifelong pay-off, and today Sloan got the same offer.  But, where's EJ getting all of this money?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Poor Zach!

Woke up to my car broken into and ransacked. Wallet, registration, thousands of dollars worth of belongings. All gone. Don’t really know what to say, besides I hope the piece of human garbage who did this trips into a pile of [!@#$%^&*].

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

God, it's been so long. Also there were parts I didn't see. (On a break) I know he wronged Sonny & he was a gold-digger with Craig. I likely don't know about Will but I should recall Tripp & Johnny, but I just don't. Thinking about Leo makes my brain tired. And I know with Uncle Ron back it's gonna be more & more of him. His quoting Shakespeare set my teeth on edge & I was an English major in a former life!