• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Awww, lol, to my great surprise, I actually felt kinda sorry for Leo. I'm no fan of the character, but I empathized with his heartbreak having witnessed acquaintances go through similar experiences. A straight (or straight passing/presenting/closeted) white man can be the most dangerous person in the room. They wield their currency with colonial abandon and insecure folx like Leo who mask their hurt by being "fabulous" are dazzled and fall prey to any attention, let alone, that of someone like Dimitri. 

• Members

Today was good… even though Leo being a clown again kinda messed it up a little. I was hoping Eric was gonna hit him, instead of becoming his confidant. Still got no sympathy for him though; we all have pain, we all want to find that special someone, still no excuse to hurt people or toss someone that we love aside like garbage. And considering the way this show gets written sometimes, I’m sure he’ll be perfectly fine by Summertime. 

EJ/DF did good though, you could almost feel his anger lol Sloan/JS still needs some work but I actually think she’s improved a little since she made her debut. And I’m glad that it looks like they’re gonna take the route with this storyline that I hoped they would take.

As for Konstantin, I wanna rip that eyebrow off his face and shove it down his throat

Please register in order to view this content

Hopefully, Maggie is smarter than this. And hopefully, John and Marlena are too. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

#DAYS Fri., 5-3-24 WOW. Zounds! I cannot believe it! Actually, an excellent day on DAYS! Baby Steal Reveal, come to me, mama! In process, with fine writing & excellent acting & direction & staging! What a fine day to be a fan of DAYS OF OUR LIVES. Great work DanF, GregV, GregR!

If you are trying to decide whether to watch today or not, do so! 

I'm trying to think how long it's been since I had an unqualified compliment for a whole episode. It's no use. It's been too long. 

So, am I wrong? Was today as good as I think it just was?

I actually liked drunk Leo today. Sympathy? No, but I think I'm incapable of that. However, I did at least have an appreciation of the drunk remorseful persona that the writing showed. And one thing I can believe is that this has weighed on Leo for some time. 

What route do you mean? Putting Eric & Nicole & baby Jude together as a unit? 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
combining posts

• Members

I honestly think JS is pretty good considering I think she's basically a model/influencer.   I only know her from America's Next Top Model lol.   I think she grown a lot since she was cast.  I consider AZ, DF, and GV to be very good soap actors and she holds her own with them.  JS isn't entirely there yet, but she's also a decade younger than them and just started doing this.

• Members

Ron Carlivati obviously played a part in todays episode, which was so good. The writing was so different than recent scab episodes. This is just a preview of things to come when Ron is credited again. According to the production schedule, this episode was taped well after the writers strike ended. I know scab scripts were written in advance of Ron returning so surely this was a tweaked episode by Ron. Similar to how GH had tweaked episodes before the new headwriters were credited. 
Can’t wait until my Ron Carlivati is credited full time! Fasten your seatbelts! 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I was bamboozled. 

Once Eric said he could “kill” Leo, I was certain we were headed into a “who shot Leo?” mystery.  Which would serve as the jumping off point for the baby reveal, and perhaps Nicole's exit.  I did not count on Eric being such a simp.

In my head, I thought Paulina would fire EJ.  Who would then frame Eric for shooting Leo.  Melinda would be re-hired (because there's only four lawyers in Salem), and she would prosecute Eric, covering the fact that she shot Leo to save Sloan.  While Sloan would defend Eric, and grow closer to him after confessing that Leo was blackmailing her over Jude.  But, keeping quiet that Jude was Eric's son.  Leo would recover, free Eric, and Nicole would leave EJ due to his lies, take the baby and head off into the sunset.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I meant 

She did have pretty good teachers if you think about it 

Sounds like a good idea!

• Members

I thought I was the only one that noticed.  You can feel Deidre Hall's hate on screen lol.  Suzanne must have really pissed Dee off.   

I was also side eyeing Marlena's scenes with Nicole/Holly.  Not because of hatred, but her advice was to tell Holly to take a deep breath!  And she was asking Nicole, as a Dr., if she was still in love with her own son.  That's just really weird and unprofessional.

• Members

I'm glad someone finally brought this up. For years, it was weird that they never shared a scene. Then, Voila! It happened. Now, since then, it happens with a fair regularity. Only thing is Dee's not acting like Marlena, Dee's just being herself, apparently.

I am reminded of THE GOOD WIFE & that iconic scene where two actresses were in the same scene, sitting side by side at a bar when in actuality they were filmed separately & spliced together in Post: Edit. DAYS should be doing that!!!

It has become a real problem. This thing that there is only one shrink in the whole town! 

• Administrator

You can tell Ron's back because the writing for Leo is more over-the-top.  LOL   So it looks like the strike-writers waited and didn't conclude the baby-switch and Constantine stories - they let Carlivati do it since they were his stories.  In any case, I'm ready to get exciting again.  Looking forward to next week. 

• Members

We all know the rumors.  We all know something went down between DH/SR.  I was just shocked you could see Deidre Hall's disdain emanating from the screen.  I figured these two 70 year plus professionals could work it all out.  I felt bad for Drake because the entire filming must have been AWKWARD.

Anyhow, I usually shrug my shoulders at Marlena's shrinking and stuff because she is the only one in town.  But I certainly don't think it was appropriate to ask Nicole if she was still in love with Eric.