• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah.  Brenda and Alan (both pill addicts) drank freely as well post-addiction, but I don't believe Lucky ever did.  I can ALMOST let Brenda/Alan/Sasha slide because I don't think any of them followed the 12 step program.  I didn't even know Curtis was a pill addict until this moment so no idea what he does.  

Finn seems like he very much followed and completed the 12 steps and that's why he was so disturbed by accidently sipping champagne.  

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Why does the show have so many pill addicts on the current canvas? I know it's an epidemic these days but I'm surprised. 

They should have done the recent Hollyoaks story where a number of characters accidentally took bad pills and died.

• Members

Yeah, I know they've not talked about working the program. Unsure also about Curtis but he strikes me as the kind of guy who would plunge into "clean living" so diet change & upping the physical exercise. 

Definitely! As much as he & Alexis discussed it, both big on 'working the program'. My middle brother was a drug addict, plain & simple, any drug, all drugs but he used AA & NA for over a year at one point & got clean & sober & when he fell off the wagon he drank copious amounts of alcohol & no drugs for a year or two. I thought it was extremely weird but it was clear he simply could not do substances in moderation, that anything for him was going to be to excess. I think the substances were his only true friends. Today Finn looked at that bottle like a long lost friend. 

• Members

I'll be honest, but I think more people that I knew in high school had opiate addictions more than alcohol addictions.  I am not terribly young and I have know at least 10 people who have died fairly recently from bad pills/heroin/fentanyl.  It's timely but it sure is depressing.

My mother is a counselor for rehabs so I know more about the program than I need to lol.  I just know when you are serious about the 12 steps it's very serious.  And much like your sibling the thought is you can't do any mind altering substances in moderation even if it's not your drug of choice.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'd be into a pill story more if someone actually died from it unexpectedly.

Or if it just wasn't Sasha, Curtis or Finn as the addicts. If half the cast wasn't worthless and boring. Maybe that.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Dominic Zamprogna’s been the MVP in these last few episodes. And I’m really liking the way his character arc is going. 

On the other hand, Michael’s scenes with Dex today were the perfect example of what I mean when I say that Michael is a child trapped in a man’s body. And trying to make Joss a human being is not gonna work, so why is anyone even bothering? Hopefully, Kristina’s final scene with Dex today leads to something more between them. #dexkristinablazetriangle

And RIP Gregory. Maybe Finn falling off the wagon will finally lead to Liz moving on lol 

• Members
Posted (edited)

You mean while YOU were high, or...?  I'm joking.

When I read @DRW50's post about the "bad pills" storyline on "Hollyoaks," my mind went immediately to the Tylenol murders.  "Yes," I thought, "now THAT would be a GREAT way to trim that cast!"  I didn't realize they actually were talking about something else entirely, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Believe me, I wish I was high while watching GH 

Please register in order to view this content

Ha!  The Tylenol murders!  I was born in Chicago and I can't tell you how many times my mom told me about tainted Tylenol.  I still use Advil instead.