• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

About time! Hopefully this is the end of GH bringing on primetime stars from the late 70s and 80s and giving them fatal diseases that we see play out over months with little entertainment value. First Max Gail, and then Gregory Harrison. Giving them a fatal disease is so short sighted, especially if they turn out to have chemistry with the cast, which shouldn't be surprising since those guys were and still are really solid!

Edited by Jdee43

• Members
Posted (edited)

IF you have the right actor…which GH does not, lol.

I apologize to everyone for coming across as bitter, but I’m still pissed about PM.  And poor Dan O’Connor!  It’s one thing for you and your Co-HW to be fired because your writing’s no good, but when your Co-head’s hired back and you’re not…?  I’m hoping they asked Dan back, too, and he just said no.  Otherwise, it just makes him look REALLY bad.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I am glad I read this thread before I started the episode.  Violet in the opening scene then Brook Lynn in a huge bathrobe on her wedding night almost made me tune out.  

Is the show behind because of pre-emptions?  It seems weird to kill off a character on a Monday.

Also, Jason running after Sonny and calling Carly instead of helping bloody Dex made me laugh for some reason.

• Members

The bad blood between Genie and GH or ABC over her extended maternity leave helped to disenfranchise the character, followed by Guza and Tony Geary's clear contempt for her (and need to turn her rape into her rapist's pity parties and her son berating her) created a hole for her that she never got out of. Then we have Geary's contempt for any Lucky not named JJ, plus JJ's depressing return that pleased no one and kept him away from the show for good, plus JMB's lousy turn as Lulu followed by a poorly received recast, followed by all the tragedies with Tyler Christopher...

Pretty much everything went against Laura and her relevance on the canvas.

I have to admit I've never cared about Laura, and I don't think Genie Francis is that fantastic, and even I would agree she's been disrespected in so many ways when you think of what she did for GH.

The only reason she is there is lip service. 

I won't claim the treatment of Tracy is top-tier (especially the degradation of her when she was married to Luke) and is likely going to decline with Mulcahey's departure, but still, if you were a viewer in 1980 and someone showed you Tracy's relevance vs Laura's in 2024, you'd be shocked. (once you get past the shock of someone from 2024 being in your house to talk to you about a soap)

• Members

-- Kristina's reaction to Sonny beating Dex was so over-the-top ridiculous that I have no words. Has she been living under a rock?

-- So Chase is shirtless but Brook Lynn is wrapped to her upper neck in a humongous white bathrobe. How sad that writers are planning this kind of thing to give in to stupefying demands by actors calling the shots.

-- Today's episode was a weird choice for the Gregory montage. Is he dying after closing his eyes, or someday soon? Regardless, GH is not going to show the devastation of ALS, so I can't give them any credit for this story at all. Don't give characters terminal illnesses when you're just going to punk out at the end.

• Members

I know that when they hired Chris back they were under the impression that Dan was going to sue the show so because of that there was no chance in hell of them making a similar offer to Dan. I have zero idea if he actually did file a lawsuit. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I have my doubts about FV ever wanting her on contract. The story I'd always heard is that Genie dipped abruptly in 2013, the anniversary year after returning with grand fanfare because (allegedly) FV tried to put her on the same recurring corps he keeps most of the vets on. (This may also have been a sticking point with their approaching Stephen Nichols to return as Stefan at the time.) She passed and walked in the fall at the end of her short contract, kiboshing Ron's grand L&L reunion plans which TG was very against anyway.

Later, they repeatedly tried to either get her back without a contract or drop her to recurring and each time Genie bucked. Whether or not that came from the network, it was something FV has attempted multiple times, only grudgingly offering her a contract. It has been his policy since OLTL to keep as many vets on regular recurring as possible to cut costs.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I confess for a moment I was terrified that Carly was going to say ILY to Sonny & Jason was gonna have to hear it. I should have had more faith in PM/EK!!!
Face it. When push comes to shove, Carly does the humane thing to do, whether it's Ava  when she was amost killed or Sonny after he almost killed Dex. Jason called her for a reason. The most important thing is that Jason stayed right there & Carly did not give of herself.
Their positioning of Kristina is now shown to have been dramatic perfection. 10 out of 10. And, of course Kate is hitting it all squarely out of the ballpark!!!

• Members
Posted (edited)

I just read some wild threads on Twitter, and is this what fans really think? That Laura Wright has both the unlimited power and uses it to sideline every fan favorite except herself? Maybe I am naive, but she does not come across this way to me at all.

She seems like a hardworking actress that doesn’t take sh!t from online fans and goes to work and does her job, no matter the script or the costar. And let me be clear- I am not a LW stan. I appreciate her work, but if Sarah wanted back on as Carly I would gladly say welcome back lady!

The fans are truly wilding out, the show and network would be wise to make some statements sooner rather than later.

Edited by titan1978