• Members

I agree. I’m sad things didn’t work out because the characters finally had personality in their scripts. 

I see so many similarities to Sally Sussman returning to Y&R. All of a sudden it felt more like Y&R. She just didn’t have anything for them to do except be more in character. No story engine.

If someone was paired with them who was a great driver of story, I think this would have ended differently.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm staying til Lane Davies' first day or so and then I'm out.

Ending an episode on a song from Violet typifies the creative clusterfuck here. Uncle Frank's Kids!

As has been enumerated in the thread about this news, I doubt having no story was the issue. I think it was sabotage from the jump, pure and simple.

• Members

I agree more and more. Look at the stalled Jason story. The story that was so great it lead to Korte getting the HW slot and the old ones fired. Where is that story? It’s hardly been played.

• Members
Posted (edited)

As I've said here and in the Mulcahey news thread, I think that's at least partly a result of just the classic FV guarantee/taping games. But if he stalled it out til he could get his way that wouldn't shock me either. I do not think Valentin/JPS being in a position to be written out as the villain behind Pikeman is in his interests at all; he's hung the moon around Stuart's primetime outs. Valentin looking to be a lock to get iced recently would seem to be contrary to Frank's preferences.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

I said in the GH thread earlier what I was hoping to be true- that they would try to make this work for the good of the show. And if it was power plays I assumed PM would quit.

Quit or fired, here we are. If FV wanted to play those games, then he is a fool. Because more of the same from before is not going to lure in lost Nielsen viewers. They have risked the show on letting him have control he doesn’t use appropriately. If he did, Liz would be onscreen more, same with Dante and even Sam. His instincts were killing the show slowly, and now it has taken an actual hit and he more than likely played a part.

I’m so upset with how this has shaken out.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I just think it's upsetting and a letdown all around.  I don't feel like I got to see anything great from PM, we didn't get any cast purge, barely any stories moved and now we are basically at square one.  Oh well.  If anyone thought SBu would be GH's savior in 2024 they were sorely mistaken especially considering his most consistent screen partner was a bag of coffee beans.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Apparently that was one of many things not by his choice, which does not surprise me.

I think there were some great scenes, glimmers of potential good new stories and couples but it's clear he was hamstrung from the jump. In any event, I'm probably out after Lane Davies airs.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It was depressing to begin with.  Hire an employee.  Spinelli's not doing much.  He'd hang out there for free just to be near Jason.

I don't really care about Lane Davies.  I hated his first run and I do think it's a bit ridiculous they are giving him a new role to play off NLG again after it failed once.  There are much bigger cast additions needed and cuts to make first.

Anyhow, I will probably still watch, but it may be binging episodes at a time and ff more than watching live.

Again, it just sours me entirely on the show since I felt like I didn't get to see anything PM was going to do or could have done.  Waste of time.

• Members

Yabbut, he was told to be out in the open as bait to try to draw Pikeman out. 

Just like the Krissy partial amnesia can be bought as a Daddy's girl in denial, some things get written for the sake of the story. The warehouse was an ideal location for the purposes of Jason obvious & reachable as bait. 

Oh, and, I will continue watching daily, at least for now. 

• Members

I don't really understand that logic.  If someone wanted to get Jason they could just walk up the basically public stairs to his room at Bobbie's.  Or just open the window like Danny did to his unguarded room.  Jason doesn't need a clipboard, warehouse, and coffee beans to be out in the open.  He already is easy bait with his living situation.

• Members

Talk about adding insult to injury!  Not only do we lose PM as a HW, BUT...we're forced to endure more airtime with one of "Frank's Kids."

It wasn't that long ago when I asked what FV's vision was beyond bloated casts, overly precocious kids who belong on "America's Got Talent" and too-short scenes mixed with stories that don't climax so much as they peter out past the point of anyone caring anymore.  Now I know: that's pretty much it. 

Frank Valentini is a limp dick of a producer, with just enough ego to stop any creative from doing their actual job.

• Members

I’m just now on Wednesday. I think everyone looks great, including Lois. Kristina’s dress may not be very flattering, but it’s a popular style currently. Brooke Kerr looks fantastic. And Jordan cannot act but she can work an outfit.

I am so glad we have Rena here for this. Like many days for the last few months, I find I am watching whole scenes with people I would normally ff through.

There is so much character and connection going on, it’s easy to enjoy. The community and heart on display is something I have missed on a soap for a long time.

• Members

Yep.  Like you said, we're basically at square one.  Except now, going forward, everything will be more in keeping with Frank's vision, which makes you question why they bothered firing O'Connor and Van Etten in the first place.