• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Trina had the potential to be a necessary character, but I don't think the show ever saw her as one. Many of her fans only seem to watch for her as well, so the show would have less reason to care about keeping them rather than just continuing to push "important" characters like Joss and waiting for them to click. I have a feeling Tabyana will not renew and they'll let her save face because the optics are bad otherwise.

• Members

She's 37!!!! She looks very good.  I thought she was like 28 lol.

I am pretty sure Kristina is in her very early 30's.  She was a teen in 2010 and I don't think she was aged up or anything. 

• Members

-- For me, Eden McCoy comes off as annoying as Joss because she lacks vulnerability. I just don't see it. And the previews show her AGAIN running into Dex at the park while they exercise. GMAFB.

-- When Blaze used the word "queer" to describe herself, Natalia recoiled and literally said "Please don't use that word." And we're supposed to LIKE this character??? Kill it with fire.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I still don't understand the hesitancy on Natalia's part to embrace her daughter's sexuality.  If Natalia is opposed to Blaze being in a relationship with another female strictly on religious grounds, that's one thing.  But, IMO, she's also acting as if being queer will damage Blaze's career, which is pure lunacy in 2024.  Is Natalia hoping Blaze will cross over into the Gospel/Contemporary Christian market?

This might be the only time in history that I have actively campaigned for LESS cast members on a show rather than MORE cast members or even NEW ones.  I love ya, GH, and everyone connected to you, but watching just one episode of you can be like watching "Too Many Cooks: Daytime Edition."

Edited by Khan

• Members
Posted (edited)

The show has been in such a lengthy malaise, to the point where I'm not sure anyone could help, but it does feel like there was a lack of basics that could have been there for their early moments. They are clearly setting up plans for Jason and his kids, and probably Jason and Sam, but I do wonder how many of the fans they were courting with his return that they lost by not having more of Jason and the harem, or Jason and Spinelli (have they shared scenes?), as more of a priority on his return.

It's unfortunate that the current soap headwriter who focuses on soap staples is a bitter and delusional hack who sees the genre as a big joke.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

You really think this is substantiated? And, tell me once again, I'm pretty sure I remember the answer to this question. Your experience of the current show is seeing some clips & reading what others post. Right? So, if that is so, tell me why you think your opinion is an informed one? Make no mistake, I am not meaning any offense at all. I just think it's a valid question. 

At any rate, I completely & totally disagree with your assessment of the new HW team. And, I watch every minute of every show & take notes while doing so & re-watch some shows. I have had conversations with Patrick Mulcahey & in none of anything he said about SFT, AW, TX, SB, GL was even one word the word of a hack or someone who does not love the genre dearly. I'm not saying he is perfect. Nor am I saying he's had a lot of experience as a HW. Because the facts are, he hasn't. But, a wrong attitude about the genre? No way, that dog won't hunt. That dog is not even gonna come out from under the porch. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thanks. I should have made that clearer. I was not talking about any head writer at GH - I was mainly talking about DAYS, which has a headwriter who is obsessed with "soapy" moments. I don't feel like going through all the rest of that post but it was my mistake for being vague.

Edited by DRW50

• Members
Posted (edited)

You weren't being vague. 

Please register in order to view this content

And even if you had been talking about PM and/or EK, you are no less entitled to your opinion(s) about their work than anyone else here who has expressed their misgivings in recent weeks.  I'm a PM fan, and as much as I'm digging the show atm, I still believe there's room for improvement.  (And it starts with TRIMMING THE DAMN CAST.)

Edited by Khan