• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That I'd believe as well.

To circle back from the Classic GH talk maybe Dex is actually Sly and he just didn't age at the same rate as Lucky

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Maybe so but I'm unaware of any compelling reason to change it. 28 years since Jason & Carly started doing their little dance. That's a significant amount of time on a soap. 

What hypocrisy would that be? 

Just today the writers had Laura say what the fans have been saying about Laura! I think there have been other examples when the new writers have had characters saying something ripped right off of fan discussion. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

#1 - Let’s start with the fact that Jason is a horrible father that always places Carly and her kids above his own. Even Sam, who has issues with Jason, has yet to call this out. Jason’s terrible relationship with his sons and his abandonment of them is a compelling reason alone to reevaluate his character choices and allegiances. 

#2 - What hypocrisy? Jason and Carly spent years preventing Michael from having a relationship with the Quartermaine’s because they thought it wasn’t a suitable environment for him. Yet, exposing him to constant mob violence was. Again, Jason has willingly abandoned his sons and and real relationships with them in the name of Carly. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

#3 - Laura’s hypocrisy is another topic, lol. But actions speak louder than words, and I am not convinced she’s willing to give up her support of Heather just yet. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Kristina actually told Sam this to her face in 2020, in a great scene that was posted in one of these threads not long ago (and I don't think it was the first time Sam came to that conclusion herself, then put it aside). Either way, Sam and Jason were done (seemingly for good, for now) by the end of the year. And I do think some of the boys, etc. have been reckoning with this onscreen lately. Not that that excuses Jason at all.

Jason also basically admitted in the late 2000s around the time of the Claudia mess that he and Carly had screwed Michael and made a mistake. I don't recall Carly if came to the same conclusion (I doubt it). Not that that excuses either of them him either. It's just interesting stuff to think about.

• Members

5-3

I have to give credit where credit is due. I'm sure I've mentioned that LW is not my favorite Carly. And the writing has been all over with her Carly. So when there are moments when Carly is CARLY, I always get a little giggle.

Such was the case when Carly waiting in Sonny's penthouse. God, that took me back to all the times Carly did in the 90s. And of course, she would get into it with whatever woman Sonny was involved it. So for that, this episode was like Old Home Week for me. lol. And dare it! If I didn't scream when she almost figured it out about Sonny and his meds. I guess it show how invested (and how long) the Sonny med storyline has been going on that I feel invested.

Same for Alexis's quest to get her license back. Now we are down to picking out clothes. I can't believe it's closer. I'm still hoping that when (if) it does happen, Alexis does find herself beside her with her as lawyer vs her as editor. 

Also same for a feeling of investment...Drew and Nina. They are so falling for each other. You see it with Nina in Drew's car (and the fact she's in his car) and you see that with Drew when Nina is singing his virtues to the senator. And...I'm not minding it. Seeing all their hate slowly (slowly) melting. 

We know I live for Sonny/Dante scenes.

• Members

Jason, however, says that he thought about Jake & Danny & knew they had solid family lives & mothers, so, ... 

There were various situations with the mothers of Jake & Danny that pertain. Becky seemed to want Lucky to be the father figure at her house. 

I know some people consider Jason a deadbeat dad but we do not know what material things he provided. I think we do know that Becky got a house & money. 

But, literally his choosing Carly as a grown-ass man who gets to choose who he prioritizes, that is not *hypocrisy* per se. 

No, clearly she is not. 

• Members

Heheh. True.

But that's ALWAYS been true. lol.

What's been great about the writing change and Jason's return is that he's now being called out about it.

Emphais on FINALLY. 

• Members

First off, you make a ton of great points and I am not disagreeing with you at all.

But at this time all of this still seems in character for Jason/Carly.  They aren't amazing people.  And Jason has always put Carly first ahead of everyone for some unknown loyalty reason.

If you reverse course and don't have Carly/Jason act like they aren't entirely obsessed with one another would viewers think that was totally out of character?  

I don't even know if there is a right or wrong answer on this.  I just don't think any amount of character rehab for either character would make me forget all the previous idiotic things Jason/Carly have done and convince me they were good people.

• Members

I'd still love to know why this show thinks Alexis can't do both (practice law and run a newspaper).

I'd also love to know WHY Jason constantly puts Carly's needs and safety above most everyone else's.  What makes him do it?  Does he feel sorry for Carly?  Is she that good in bed?  Have they even BEEN to bed, lol?

• Members

Totally agree, it’s consistent with Jason/Carly, loll and any reckoning would probably be too little, too late at this point. 

But I do think it’s a character flaw/f.uck up Jason in particular needs to reminded of and haunt him for the rest of his existence. He caused damaged to his own kids in the name name of Carly and her kids, when he had a choice not to.

When/if both Jake and Danny freeze him out for good, and they want to play up “Jason’s box of pain and hurt” someone should remind him of how his choices with Michael made AJ, Alan, and Monica feel.