GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd watch til Spencer and Esme go into the drink, then skip to either Monday this week or last Friday (writing tweaks are evident in that and several episodes from last week in various stories, but PM/EK allegedly began heavily working over the Jason story this week).

• Members

Their names won't officially be on the show until sometime in the next couple weeks probably, but Errol has claimed they were brought in to redo the Jason return story first and foremost and that it may be a mix of material til then. They're clearly working over more than just that though IMO. Anyway, enjoy.

• Members
Posted (edited)

The only thing I can think of that you will miss would be Spencer's funeral. Alexis gave the eulogy. It was a voiceover. They were outside at the grave & different people approached & laid a white rose on the gravesite. Liz's oldest son, Cameron, was home from college for this memorial. He & Joss comforted Trina, hugged, etc. Ava also comforted Trina. All of Spencer's family was there. I have the text of the eulogy if you'd like to read it. Here it is https://paste.plurk.com/show/80Q0yrWo8QSUHGG2hhCC/

Please register in order to view this content

I didn't notice anything strange about her blouse. Did it shimmer like a moire pattern or something to you?

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

It WAS random. lol. But I grew to look Martin...especially when he got with Lucy. And his relationship with Laura has been good as well. Cyrus...love the actor, NOT the character. And ever since his first comeuppance, the writers don't see to know what to do with him. Scratch that...the strike writers seem to know what to do with him. 

Those were good episodes re: Spencer/Esme. Though I would say watch all of last week from 2/26 because those were pretty good character development scenes, nice setup that did flow and have a sense of going somewhere in terms of plot. Of course, it is also setting up Jason's return. And who doesn't like Ms. Wu?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

3-8

Well...that. lol.

In any case, I find myself leaning toward liking Jason's return so far. And I knew I was surprisingly invested when Carly first laid eyes on him. And my reaction was to gasp. I wasn't expected it yet. lol. But it's just the fact that almost every day has been a cliffhanger this week so far. It's making me think of Diane's return on Y&R in which you could feel and see the ripple effects of them coming back because she can still touch on EVERYONE. Same with Jason. And I almost teared up right along with Carly cuz I forgot...Jason wasn't there when Bobbie passed. Just such a bittersweet scene. I hated Anna interrupting. I think my favorite scenes so far have been the Carly/Jason ones and also Ava revealing the truth to Sonny.

Speaking of Ava/Sonny, I was wondering if they were going to go there. Over the last few years, they really have been great co-parents. And then with her in the penthouse...I admit I was hmmmm. But I shook it off. But wow. All I can say is...I'm not against it, and I don't mind. I found it weird when I came back to regularly watching that Ava and Nina were friends. Moreso cuz Nina was played by MS when I left. That will be messy.

I'm not even their biggest fans and even I went 'awwww' to Spin and Maxie kissing. Them against John was a riot to me. And they do seem to be coming into their relationship from a more mature place.

In case I didn't mention it...outside of Bebe's Maxie's kids...I have been really enjoying seeing the next generation of PC kids. I know it has been talked about often here about how there are soo many kids running around and we rarely see them. Then they pop up, and it's like 'who's kid is that?' But over the last year, they have been popping up regularly and even had little arcs as well. So that said...I do have to ask...is this the first time they have had an aged Rocco though? I liked his scene with Laura. I also liked how they contrast his personality vs Danny's personality. And I'm always here for Jake cuz duh. lol. 

Could it be happening? Is Alexis about to go back to being a lawyer?

Just watched. Same. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I about died when Laura mentioned the days with both Lucky and Sly Eckert under her roof and mentioned Sly aloud on Thursday's show. I really appreciated the time taken to try and differentiate the two older boys staying at the Quartermaine atm - they've gone out of their way in the last week or two to present Danny as trying to mimic his noble stoic impression of his absentee father, while the very rarely seen Rocco seems more outwardly sensitive and reminds me of Dante himself. I liked the scenes with Laura and Carly with each of them; these are relationships we so rarely see on this show over the last decade-plus with children not named Spencer or Violet (or played by former OLTL child stars, like poor non-actor Patrick Gibbons as Wyatt the Boy Scout). In the Guza II years many of the children were more fleshed out, but they were also often reduced to cute tics or vignettes designed to prop up the mob, like precocious Molly and Morgan roaming around town cheering on Jason and Sam. They had a lot of character, but it got almost as old as Nicolas Bechtel's Spencer for me. (The less said about Dylan Cash the better.) Anyway, this is all connective tissue the show has really improved on with a lot of characters over the last week. And the fact that they've charmed me with the Spixie scenes, both together solo or with Wagger, etc. for the first time since 2009 or so (and made me watch Kirsten Storms actually wake up for work again) is impressive.

It does sound like Lulu is on the way back. And nice to see in the next time preview that they're playing Jake too (opposite Finn and Liz) on Monday.

Edited by Vee

• Members

See? That was something else I liked about this week. All of the history mentions not connected to Wagger (is that what we are calling NuJagger? cuz I don't mind because I don't feel like calling him Jagger...lol)...which I have liked, too...because it does feel like it's been a while that outside of a special episode...we as viewers don't get a lot of history nods. Warmed my heart to hear that Sly reference, Nathan who I did like during the time I was viewing, and of course Mac. And yes, I agree about Lulu which makes me excited because Rocco just finally popping up and aged AND talking to Laura...things that make you go hmmm with a new writing team in house. 

I thought the dialogue and actions of showing the differences between Danny and Rocco was indeed very well done. I am hoping since the writers went out of their way to do that, they do have plans for this new generation and there will indeed be some fleshing out. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

As for Friday, I think Kate Mansi, Burton and LW all did good work. They've really played the beats and impact of the shooting across the canvas. This would admittedly play differently for me if it was Lexi Ainsworth at Dante's bedside (or Sarah Brown with the unexpectedly emotional Steve), but oh well.

They are also wisely playing up the tension with Nina and Ava (who I still think is back on baddie time while also possibly catching genuine feelings for Sonny in the process of her long con on him and the local mob families; she's gone down bad for worse). People forget that Ava stole Nina's husband in the '90s which led to Nina ending up in a coma for 20 years and coming out a psychotic bent on vengeance. History could easily repeat here and Nina is still not very tightly wound, as the unhinged mania of Cynthia Watros often reminds us. I don't think it would take much for Nina to snap again if that happened twice and I think it is on the show's mind. They are also clearly setting up Alexis going back to the law via the conversation with Diane.

It is wild to remember that Carly's Bed Bath and Beyond makeover house is still Sonny's Greystone Manor, the set Maurice allegedly made the show give him in the mid-2000s when he wanted a home with the stature of Wyndemere. Too many sets/homes in town these days have the all-white BB&B knockoff Nancy Meyers look, including the Quartermaine mansion, but I've been over that before. At least it's not all grey paint and monochrome like in the early-mid 2010s. It has improved, but I'd like to see more color/style variety.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, I admit that I was surprised to see a scene with Kristina at Dante's side. Kinda of jarring even though Kristina does make frequent appearances at Sonny's side. As does Dante. So them together should be natural to me.

It definitely has been plenty wisely re: Nina/Ava. Now can it raise to the level of karma/tragedy? Hmmm.

Great minds re: Alexis. But now that's had some time working at newspaper, I'm not sure I would want Alexis back as a lawyer. When it first started, I cried foul. But I see how good Alexis is good at it. Or perhaps my college years are showing, but Alexis really found her legs there. But Alexis was always great as a lawyer as well. Still, it will be good to see if they will organically get her from Point A to Point B.