GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe it had something to do with when she gave birth to Scout.  She gave birth to her outside and picked up the parasite?  worm?  Whatever.

Her brain got infected and she started having hallucinations of Sonny and Liz maybe?

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Watched just to see Eva Larue first couple of days. Off the bat she finds a girl in her daughter's bed and finds out she's a lesbian. Way too fast.....the actress playing Blaze sucks! Why is a grown Latino woman calling her mother...Mommie?

As a Latino I've never called my mother... Mommie.

Please register in order to view this content

Eva calling Blaze's girlfriend a friend was spot on. My aunt could never call her son's boyfriend a boyfriend or by his first name. She would always refer to him as his friend even though everyone in the family knew it was his lover/boyfriend.

The rest of the show sucked. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I remember a scene from Brenda's return where Spinelli is telling Sonny to be careful with Brenda and not to have sex with her.  And MB, who is mostly hilarious with Spinelli, is like the hell?  You realize Brenda was engaged to me, is like 40, and has had sex with me and other people before, no?  And Spinelli couldn't comprehend that fact.  Instead of making Spinelli just a weirdo the show should have explored the fact his brain just works differently, but whatever.  He seems mostly normal now.

I don't think the actress that plays Blaze is bad.  She's okay.  I think she has more charisma than some of the other ladies on the show.  Kate Mansi is just much better than her.

• Members

What?! Thats's nuts.

I thought Blaze was pretty good in those scenes with Eva. I just am not super invested in "Blaze" (yes I know her real name, peanut gallery) or this relationship at all. I do think the scenes felt clearly touched up dialogue-wise and everyone came off well as a result.

• Members

Agree about BA toning down his acting choices lately, but I'm worried this will end as he gets more screen time -- and when Jason returns.

I rolled my eyes the other day when Spinelli and Sonny had a scene and we had to live through the "Mr. Corinthos" dialogue as Spinelli deferred like Sonny was royalty. Sonny is a legend and a god? No.

I also don't want to go through months and months of Maxie and Spinelli finding every illogical reason in the book to stay apart. Yesterday, Maxie declared she loves Spinelli, and then immediately had to add "But is love enough?"

GMAB with that stuff.

• Members

For your viewing pleasure-

I...can't. 

I don't even want to think about Spinelli and Jason scenes in the year 2024.

Blaze is fine as a very limited supporting character.  I am glad Kristina gets a love interest, but of course it's one of the most fringe characters on the show.

• Members

I mentioned it before, but do not get me started on how many teary-eyed emotional speeches Spinelli used to give Maxie about what a lying slut she was with a bunch of $8 words and a slew of nicknames thrown in. He really was a 4chan incel before it became popularized during that period.