GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, I'm glad someone clarified that. I've seen it for years, but I guess the scene itself went over my head and I didn't care for Griffin much outside of being Duke's son (and I was not regularly viewing then) so never bothered to ask. 

• Members

Spinelli doesn't bother me at all now.  He did back in the day.  It was truly a case of a very fringe character gaining a bit of a following and GH just ran with him as a main character.  I also didn't really like how Spinelli was clearly neurodivergent and the show just made him seem "quirky".  BA has toned down his acting choices and is much less frenetic these days.

• Members

It's the 500 nicknames for 'cool' terrible people, the worship of Jason and the growing proto-incel vibes the character often exhibited in later years towards Maxie that made younger me go from finding Spinelli cute to wanting to kill him. Remember when he would call Sonny "Mr. Sir" and shít and then the names for Claudia and literally 3/4ths of the canvas? I wanted to murder the writers who clearly thought it was all delightful.

Anyway it's all water under the bridge these days, or was til he left Ellie and I got annoyed again lol. But he's better lately. Somewhat. Sort of. I am just over this grown-ass man still being flummoxed over Maxie. So I was glad they had an unexpectedly intelligent conversation yesterday.

Didn't Sam also go crazy because of cat droppings? And shot Sonny or something and he landed in the pit from Parks and Recreation? Shout-out @DRW50

Edited by Vee

• Members

100% about Spinelli.  If the show explained he was on the spectrum or something I could have tolerated his silly nicknames and verbose speaking.  Instead, we were just told Spinelli is a weird manchild and it's cute he calls Carly The Valkyrie instead of her own damn name.

But he doesn't bother me now.

Yeah, I think Sam did get poisoned by cat poop.

• Members

I could swear it had something to do with cat poop. But I barely watched under that regime, even this one is less boring than the Passanante years. I vowed after what she did at AMC I'd never watch her work full time again.

Bradford actually did leave in the early 2010s to go drive Lyft, that is not a joke. But I used to razz him mercilessly on Primetimer/TWOP whenever he would occasionally return after and say 'beep beep! here comes Bradford!' every time. Terrible.

• Members

Toxoplasmosis is a common disease that results from infection with the Toxoplasma gondii parasite, which can be found in undercooked contaminated meat and cat feces. The infection normally causes flu-like symptoms, but because GH) is a soap, Sam has been stricken with an extremely severe case. However, over the years she’s managed to survive everything else the world has thrown at her, so we’re sure she’ll pull through this time as well!