GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I feel for Eden McCoy; returns after taking time off for her mother's passing, and she's been in non-stop emotion heavy scenes. The poor girl. But she and Laura Wright have palpable chemistry as daughter and mother! But, I am praying Patrick Mulcahey ends this Marshall torture, 'cause I am not into it at all.

But the "images" they use are hilarious, haha.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah… are they doubling down on the prop writing with this ‘Vigilante taking out all the organized crime figures’ storyline? 

I’d love this storyline if they end up killing Cyrus

Please register in order to view this content

Btw, shut up, Diane lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

2-12

Well...where do I begin?

SPRINA. I thought it was a nice build-up to the confrontation. Sprina in Paris. Sprina making love. Spencer in those boxers. And then...here comes Esme. I loved that Trina got a lick in. And then I was disappointed that the next episode was not an immediate follow-up. But I have been enjoying the aftermath so far. And Cam came back. Awwww. And I like the spotlight has been on Trina and her survivor guilt. At least she has Ava. Speaking of side note...I've been enjoying Sonny/Ava as co-parents. I never thought they would EVER get along as they have.

JAGGER...I MEAN JOHN...RETURN. Such a mixed bag. I will give them this much. That had nice build up, too. That it ties into Curtis's shooting has been nice and has become bigger. And his semi-gradual intro with Leo was cute. But then they started to shove him down people's throats. And after such a build to his first seeing Sonny I felt was ruined by MB so looking off camera for the majority of the meeting and having Sonny so checked out. And don't get me started on the recasting.

DEX. Well at least they remembered that Brick did a background check on him. But...Dex? DEX??? They really setting him up to be after Sonny all along? Wow. I find him too...just no. Implausible.

MARTIN/LUCY/SCOTT. That was soooo much mess. But that was good mess. But I guess it's because I love me sum Lucy. And her mixing it up with Tracy over Deception has been fun to watch so I liked Tracy got some payback. And Lucy has always been her own worst enemy and this was so true here. Will she get Martin back? Go back to Scott? Time will tell.

NINA V CARLY. I'm always here for them mixing it up. The only false notes have been Carly wanting to whine. I be like...how can you whine when you taunted her knowing how that would go down. Have some seats. The other false note is just all the stuff with Jake. Heck, I feel like they are going to hate sex before any kinda of vengeance between him. Not much of a threat to me. Especially given Nina's history. Oh and loved the Carly/BLQ team-up. 

LOIS. Still love.

• Members

On this you are correct. I've said before that Selina Wu has one expression and one tone of voice. She is a dayplayer fans glommed onto and as far as I've seen has no real range.

I am all for the return of the Asian Quarter, more AAPI characters and an Asian mob queen - I just have never seen Selina as having much dynamism whatsoever. She slinks into every scene and always acts and sounds the same to me. But I'm in the minority.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Selena Wu does only speak in monotone and it is weird.  Just like Cyrus delivers his lines in the strangest way, I do wonder if it's some sort of acting choice?   I don't mind Selina, but she is very one note as a villain, as a character, and as a human lol.

• Members

Surprise, surprise. The whore who hates Sonny with a passion is going to somebody who worked for Sonny for help

Please register in order to view this content

As for Ms. Wu, they need to do a lot more with her. That stuff with Marshall and the club was stupid and Idk about this current storyline yet either. 

• Members

At this point, I'm just grinning through storylines until Patrick Mulcahey & Elizabeth Korte's material debuts.

Asian Quarter needs to return, ASAP! I'd love to see more things outside of the usual spots in Port Charles.

Busy living her life, probably. Her last-known credit was Hit-Monkey in 2021 (voice role).

That Crimson cover is hideous... and why it that suddenly Nina works for The Invader she's always having her hair up????

• Members

She has barely aged since 1993, judging by her pix at the OLTL reunion a few years ago.

Since it'll never, ever happen but I like to keep a few cards close to the vest I'll simply say that my pet OLTL 3.0 idea was to give Korf a strong supporting role in Blair's corner as a fun character who shared a past and at times an identity with Kassie's Blair (so as to nod to the obvious issue with the two actors), and using her would in turn help to bring on a new AA family. Looking at the eps available online now it is insane how strong MK's role on the show was in 1992, how unprecedented it was for an Asian lead, and how nuts it is that (to my recollection, anyway) there has not been anywhere near as prominent an Asian lead on any American soap opera since. Shameful.

As for GH: Yes, they could recast Selina with Mia Korf and I wouldn't flinch lol. But yes, I am also only tuning in on the regular atm in search of signs of ghostwriting from the new writers. It has been an ordeal.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah; just did a Google search, and she looks stunning. Shame she didn't do more daytime after she was slighted. #TheBetterBlair ha.

As far as we've come in daytime... we've also regressed in a lot of ways, as well. I forget who the doctor was... but wasn't their an Asian doctor on General Hospital for many years that would pop-up when an OBGYN was needed?

As for Lydia Look as Selina Wu... I get the gripes many have with her, but I do enjoy her in the role and wouldn't wish her recast.