GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am so over Alley Mills as Heather. Just throw away the key again for a few years. Don't understand how she one the Emmy with that over-the-top crap. It's awful.

And now that we finally got a cute, tight haircut on Jordan and even Willow has come back to a proper hairstyle (as a nurse and mother), please...for the love of God, will someone yank those extensions off of Finola's head! Those long, stringy strands look ridiculous on her. And now as Chief of Police (or Commissioner? which one is it?), her hairstyle needs to step up and become more professional than a 70s hippie. Unless of course she's really Alex. LOL! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Ava/Sonny would be a bad idea for the characters, specifically Ava, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.  It would cause drama with her friendship with Nina and her cordial relationship with Carly.  And I agree Sonny would sleep with anything.

• Members

I know.  I just wouldn't be shocked if it did happen either.  I feel like Ava has progressed beyond that, but I don't know where Ava goes now unless she goes back to full on villain.   That's what she should be doing.  I just don't know if the show wants to go back there.

Never

• Members

Yeah, Ava's only true currency is as an outsize villain. That's always been what she's best at and she's still an asset to the show in that role IMO. Can she run longer before getting killed off or sent to prison for awhile? I think she can - since she hasn't burnt through villain story as fast as, say, Alex Olanov on OLTL who still lasted a full 6 years after going psycho (and did it without wearing out her welcome because she kept changing roles and partners, plus there was a lot of comedy) - but I wouldn't spend another 2-3 years to get there from here.

I heard a different version of the story than what was recently mentioned here by someone - the way I recall Ron and Frank telling it at the time, they were only expecting to have Maura onscreen for a few days tops as Ava in 2013 to intro Kiki and NuFranco to the show. This idea of such a star cameo kind of boggles the mind to me and makes me wonder where they intended to leave the character originally.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yes!  This was the outfit I was talking about.  It was not even a dress it was like a leather jacket on top of a leather top on top of leather pants.  It was a lot lol.   Lois has always had a unique style, but she was more edgy and bold.  This just looked cheap.  And what might have worked in 1995 when you were 25 does not work 30 years later especially considering all she was doing was talking to Chase's boring dad at a bar.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

This might have been something that looked better in person than it did on camera.  It's obviously quite expensive, but the addition of the accessories and pants just made it look way too much.  

It also was very different from the large red poncho she wore the day before.

• Members

I'm just going to suggest that some of the time there may be choices made that the actor loves & the costume designer loves & some fans do not agree & that's certainly okay. But imagine if you will that they thought this was totally Lois. 

But, CG, you make a good point. Sometimes thinks read one way in the light of the wardrobe room & read another way on camera. But, I can assure you that this is not one of those times. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more