Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The baby switch with Bianca was at least an interwoven story with long term planning.  This just seems to be two separate baby stories not tied together at all.  Just two kidnapped babies on the same show.

I am not saying LK/Kate should never be on contract again it's just she doesn't have much point currently.  Lucas coming back would give her that.  She has a large family, but no one is really around so she's just at the pub chit chatting with Marlena and not driving any story.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

So gruesome. I remember someone commenting on Deadline's story on this, saying that Hollywood needed a true crime story like this in the vein of the Nicole Brown Simpson murder so that people could take their minds off of the Hollywood strike. To think that way takes a special kind of person. Ditto for someone committing the crime. Just yuck.

• Members

Same here.

I actually liked Leo when he first came in. I thought it was something different to have a gay villain. And I found the dynamic between him and Diana so interesting. Their strained relationship played into why Leo was the way that he was and I actually felt bad for him when he found out that John wasn’t his father. 

But now…? 

It’s at the point that Diana could tell him, “I wish I had aborted you” and I’d probably start laughing. 

This character is not a good person, and no propaganda that gets shoved down fan’s throats is going to change that. For me, it always just makes me want to hate the character even more (Hi, Ben!)

Dimitri? Completely destroyed. Peter Porte deserved so much better than this. How do you turn a psychotic villain, determined to kill millions of people like it’s absolutely nothing into a cringey, campy, clown and expect people to like it?  

And don’t even get me started on how Gwen was tossed aside and how gross that was.  

I’d rather he be his new boyfriend

Please register in order to view this content

The thought had crossed my mind when I saw that he had dyed his hair blonde but I told myself that it meant nothing.

I think I was a little too smitten to think clearly 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Gwen and Theresa in the same episode? I imagine that might confuse people who haven’t watched in a while lol but I do think Gwen spoke for all of us when she mentioned the article in the Spectator. 

Btw Chad, Dimitri is your nephew, not your Uncle

Xander/Sarah was the best part of today. For once, Sarah coming off as so mean actually makes sense. This is really good conflict for the two of them as a couple, and I’d hate to see it end, but after this kidnapping crap, which was totally unnecessary, I’m not so sure. Will these writers, producers, etc. ever learn that rushing something, ruins it? 

And yeah, Everett is just creepy. I really hope Stephanie realizes that. 

Same can be said for Maggie.

• Members

The thing with Ben though is once he had his (ridiculous) redemption he was a good guy.  The idea of a serial killer being reformed is awful, but Ben was actually a decent human being while with Ciara.  I am not exactly defending that story because it was dumb but Ben at least showed some character growth.

Leo is just an awful person on so many levels.  Not serial killer bad, although he seems pretty sociopathic with the way he manipulates and lies to everyone who cares about him.  There isn't even an attempt at Leo trying to be a better person.  The audience is supposed to feel bad for him because he's all alone and makes 'funny' jokes.  The way he treated his best friend is unbelievably horrible and cruel.  Numerous people have given Leo chances (Gwen, Sonny) to better his life.  He blows those with his own actions and is all sad when no one is around. 

I'd prefer to watch Ben/Ciara over Leo all day every day and I tend to find Ciara more annoying than Ben lol.

• Members

To your point @carolineg, Ben developed psychopathology after living through a traumatic childhood.  He was written as an insane person with uncontrollable impulses.  And (production issues aside) I can see the value in telling a story about trying to recover from that experience through therapy.  Leo has not been written as having an emotional disorder in response to his childhood abuse.  So, his behaviors are a choice, which makes him a jerk.

Going back to my pathological optimism, I feel bad when we all pile up on him, but he's written as having low moral value.  The only thing positive I can say about the character is that unlike many LGBTQI characters who are just a symp for powerful women, at least we get some representation of the 'mean gays' on TV, because he has betrayed everyone he meets. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I thought there was the usual heavy-handed foreshadowing that Gwen would return after her final speech in the airport.  I assume having them both in today's episode is an indication that Theresa's story is wrapping up very soon.

Welcome @BeeLol - I always appreciate some fresh sources of information

Edited by j swift

• Members

Well, hello there. For a lurker to speak up is an occasion of significance! Greetings, TGIF day & can you believe that in just a week it is Thanksgiving?!! 

Have you always watched credits? I have, or at least, I have when possible. The days when they shrank them, moved them way to the side or put a huge insignia bug on top of them were frustrating days!

I still don't like Gwen but Leo treated her so poorly I gave her some grudging empathy. I loved JL's Theresa but haven't been able to get on board with EOB's. As an out & proud gay woman Leo is one huge disappointment & embarrassment. I think Ron wants him to be a bent gay court jester & I can see that in theory, but it utterly fails in the execution. 

• Members

Exactly!

There’s no reason why it had to be written like that and it just killed any kind of hope for Leo. I know I sound like a broken record, but it was the same thing with Joss on GH.

Seriously, what kind of animal treats someone that they say care about so horribly? Betrays them in one of the worst possible ways? And the fact that we’re supposed to take the side of the betrayer made it even worse. This is the 3rd time Ron’s done a storyline like this and honestly, I find it sick. Is this his new “thing” because he can’t do rapemance anymore? 

That was how I felt in 2018; it was refreshing to have a gay villain. But it’s been way too much. And the fact that him and all the horrible things he’s done are always written as so he’s in the right makes it even worse. 

Thanks!

And, welcome!

Luckily, there were no stupid *wink**winks*

Edited by AbcNbc247