Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Am I wrong? It seems like this baby switch will be quickly resolved given that Leo knows the truth (also, only men who've never seen a baby delivered write the mother passing out all the time).  How long will Eric remain oblivious?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I don't understand why this baby switch would resolve quickly. So what if Leo knows the truth? And, what would make Eric suspicious? The whole set-up is so fantastical & out of the realm of anything anyone would think of ordinarily that it seems to me there's little reason for fear of capture. 

• Members

My only comment on today's episode regarding Holly was, if you grow up watching everyone having sex in the living room, you begin to believe it's OK to smoke a doobie in there too...

It was a rather pathetic end for Dimitri, but I'm glad he finally got out of such confined spaces.  BTW, how do they allow prisoners to talk on the phone to their conspirators in the police station?

By tomorrow morning, Eric has to begin to question the timing of his son's birth.  As mentioned by others, it is not as if this family hasn't had babies switched in the past.  Remember when his twin tried to sell their step-sister on the black market?

• Members

CG, I have this duality in me. Like I don't like catfights because I think they ultimately just demean everyone. But this other part of me picks the Generations catfight where they nearly destroyed a room & celebrates its being the best! So, I dreaded today, just terribly, but another part of me is celebrating the fantastic Emmy reel Ari's got. But, it is terribly sad. With this being Nicole's miracle baby, it is so unfair. As only life can be unfair. 

• Members

It's not real life and the baby is still alive and it will all work out, but I teared up a bit when Nicole said she did everything right and took all her vitamins.  I am not particularly emotional or anything, but that was just so sad when EJ/Nicole were crying in the hospital bed.  Dead babies are a soap staple, but it's just a depressing topic in general.  

I did chuckle at Eric being like do what you need to do Sloan, I am going to see my mom, so Marlena could make her 5 second appearance today lol.

• Members

Once again, finding logic in Salem is a fool's errand, but why did Melinda leave with the baby to go to a hotel?  I guess the doctor had to inspect the baby, but they could have done that in Sloan's apartment.  And certainly Eric isn't dumb enough to think that they deliver adopted babies to your home like Doordash.

It is amusing that between Nicole, EJ, Eric and Sloan, Melinda is the only one with a crib.

All that being said, I agree with @carolineg that the magic of DAYS is the ability to find emotion amongst the silliness.  When Melinda recalled giving up her baby for adoption, I found the performance particularly moving.  It is easy to dismiss it as drivel, but I think it is very entertaining.

Edited by j swift