Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A little boring today, but I’m glad that they continued on with every storyline from yesterday. So many times, Days doesn’t do that. 

I liked Wendy going head to head with EJ, but they kind of messed it up after EJ fired her. She was very tough and stubborn in the beginning, but once he mentioned her job, she got all victim like. She should have brushed it off like it was nothing. 

I liked Shawn/Belle and Jada/Talia too, and I’m anxious to see how this storyline plays out. It should be the A story right now. 

And, I know y’all don’t like Steve Burton, but…

Please register in order to view this content

Johnny was looking good too

• Members

Leo has been on the canvas for about 5 years now so their taping schedule is irrelevant. They've obviously read the feedback on the character during the last 5 years and continue to write for him. I'm glad Ron C. doesn't take your feelings into consideration. He takes my feelings into consideration and continues to write for Leo. Thumbs up from me.

• Members

All that progress that Alex made with Marlena in therapy, thrown completely down the drain. This is why people don’t like him

I expected this to happen and I actually don’t mind it. I hope that what happened today involves other characters and I hope that it ends up being as messy as it can get. Days always has such great opportunities to tie characters and storylines together in one big messy umbrella storyline and they rarely ever take the chance. Maybe the scab writers will. 

I enjoyed Maggie and Julie today too, standing up to Vivian and not letting her get the better of them. I also chuckled when Maggie called Vivian a succubus. That’s a Victor word

And, I did enjoy the John/Vivian scenes too. And that Vivian still somewhat cares for John despite their relationship. I don’t think I would mind seeing John as COO of Titan either

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Poor Steve, the only long-lost relatives he ever found was Jack.  Meanwhile, John's dad is Bert the Chimenysweep and he's still rich AF.

Also, I think we also need to credit Ron C for finding the humor in John.  Between his interactions with Rachel and Vivian, the character has grown a ton of charisma since the days when it was difficult to differentiate Robo-John from Real-John.

I'm not an Alex apologist, nor do I think that there's any conspiracy on behalf of the writer toward the character, but Kayla's talk with Stephanie was oddly pro-Alex.  Like, suddenly Stephanie's supposed to have second thoughts about Chad because he is not light-hearted?

Also, I can't help but think that Theresa seeing the letter first means that there will be a twist about the spoiler regarding Alex, in Xander's favor.  Hopefully, the fact that they have the same name will finally be acknowledged.

The physical stuff between Julie and Vivian bothers me.  Not only is it silly, but also they seem so frail to pushing and pulling each other.  Gone are the days of Dynasty when a catfight would cut to an obvious stuntman in a cheap wig.  These ladies are too old to do their own stunts. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

@AbcNbc247 I don't recall why neither Steve nor Kayla brought Victor's letters back to Salem from Greece?  Maybe they just got caught up in Bo's shooting?  It seems odd that now the letters are missing.

Also, as I mentioned earlier in the week, couldn't this whole trip have been avoided by a phone call to Konstantin?

Edited by j swift

• Members

EOB is great, but it feels by casting her as Theresa they're forcing a square peg into a round hole here. It's like an RSW/Alex situation where Ron is so stuck on the actor, he's going overboard to keep them relevant at any cost, although I will admit EOB is a much better actor than RSW could ever dream of being. It's so nonsensical. I don't see EOB having chemistry with Eric Martsolf and the others Theresa's supposed to be around. I hope I'm wrong though because we're stuck. 

• Members

There were a whole lot of clowns in todays episode, especially Rex

In some ways, it does make sense for a few people to be like that, but it really makes no sense whatsoever for Chloe to be like that. Maybe if it wasn’t rushed and she had someone to talk to about her feelings, perhaps… 

And btw, when did Justin become so anti-Theresa?

Tate’s story kicked off today and I’m interested in that. I wonder what happened and what it may lead to. I am looking forward to whatever may happen for this character lol Days could really use a teen bad boy with a heart of gold, sort of like what Johnny should have been and should be.